“Spoil yourself in this wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #14 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Newcastle, Australia
“Spoil yourself in this wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in a king room.
From the moment you arrive the service is professional, courteous and you know this is going to be a wonderful experience.
Great location in a heritage listed building with lovely comfortable rooms.
Room service is timely with a good menu and food is very good.
If you want to spoil yourself visit this lovely hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
DearGeoSaleAustralia,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind review on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful to hear that you found my colleagues to be professional and courteous and that you also enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I hope sometime in the near future you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Kind regards
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed four nights in this hotel and I would say I like this hotel better than Incontinental Sydney.
First, staff is very helpful and familiar with the area surrounding here. Their conceirge service is first class.
I also like the beautiful lobby layout as you can see in the photos from the hotel website. This is not a very busy hotel making me feel very comfortable.
I walked to the Crown hotel casino for dinner for two nights, just a short distance walk and you can find lots of very nice restaurants there.
The room is very modern, although not very big, the bathroom is very new and clean. In addition, the bed is very comfortable. There is no view from the room but not a concern for me. Size of the room a bit small but good enough for me.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bluegolf,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found my colleagues to be helpful and full of great ideas of things to do around Melbourne. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be centrally located to all your needs.

I hope on your next visit to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night with our kids (two king rooms) and it is sensational. I have to say that a standout were the staff, very polite, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and were clean and presentable. We used the pool on the 10th floor and it was great.

Location is a bit out of the way but with trams at your door step, or a 10 minute walk, you can be in amongst the hustle and bustle of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel have balcony access whereas others do not.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear CDATFamily_4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It’s so great to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with us and that you found my colleagues to be very polite friendly and welcoming. I will be sure to share the feedback with the team as I know they will be delighted.

I hope on your next visit into the city we have the opportunity to welcome you and the family back to the hotel.

Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here and will definitely come back again, the staff are very helpful and the facilities are excellent. The location is ideal situated near the town centre and within easy reach of the airport also.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Nhshifty73,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel and you found my colleagues to be helpful.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Cartagena, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis for work. I find the staff very accomodating (e.g. late check in). The rooms are decent in size and clean. It's got no charm and is a business place but it does the job: comfortable bed and quiet The curtains auto open/close functionality didn't work but that's ok you can still close them. Continental Breakfast is nice

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Raphaele N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you find the hotel to meet all your needs whilst you are staying in Melbourne.

I would welcome you to visit our history display next to the Merchant restaurant next time you stay. It has some wonderful information about the beginnings of the Winfield and The Rialto buildings in which we are now housed. I hope that it might show you some of the old world charm that our buildings have. It’s important to us that you feel at home when you stay and this may help you feel more connected to your destination.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I always stay at an Intercontinental where possible, as an Ambassador member the service is second to none, the rooms are spacious and well appointed.
The staff are always on hand and ready to help at the drop of a hat, I have stayed here many times and will do every time I visit Melbourne.
Recommended

Room Tip: A senior suite is excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Adelaidetraveller21,

As an InterContinental Hotel and Resorts Ambassador Member thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you find that my colleagues are always willing to assist you and are on hand for your requests. It is important to us that we make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the InterContinental Rialto for 3 nights. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the lovely Clifford until the time we left and were farewelled by Clifford you could not wipe the smiles off our faces. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Michael from Boston and Kostas are a credit to this hotel and we appreciated their friendly banter and tips on what to do and see.
Our rooms were lovely and the bedding was extremely comfortable.
The architecture of this building is amazing and we all loved the mix of the old and new.
InterContinental Rialto, you have won my heart.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Owner at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Leigh H,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind review on Trip Advisor,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet Cliff. He is certainly a great asset to our team and I will be sure to recognise him for his efforts.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto? Share your experiences!