“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
London
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel over the xmas and NY period and it was just fabulous. From the welcome, to the reservation, to the bar, and facilities. This hotel is fabulous.

Def recommend people to think of this hotel if wanting a luxury, romantic, well located hotel in melbourne.

We will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear em3112,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us at the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel fabulous and enjoyed everything from the reservation process to the bar and facilities, I will be sure to share this feedback with the team.

I hope if you visits Melbourne again in the future we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the Australia Open for a couples weekend away. Probably not the best idea as the rooms were full, and we were expecting a bath in our room (as couples do;). After calling to let the reception know, we were advised that we couldn't change rooms. I know it's not their fault but it was advertised with one on booking.com
Shortly after, the reception manager ?Michael rang and offered us his apologies and a complimentary in house movie for the night which was a nice gesture.
Nothing was too much to ask here. The entry to the hotel smelled AMAZING! So good. The kind concierge gentleman Cliff took our bag from the cab and was polite and such a compliment to the hotel, they should be proud to have him. So friendly and helpful. Left me with a smile on my face. They had done the entry with green grass for the Australian Open and it was a nice touch. The gym was great. Mini bar over priced but if you're smart you'll buy from the 7-11 past the strip clubs down the road.
The beds were so comfortable and the doona covers were divine.
The breakfast buffet was included and amazing including complimentary coffees and a fresh fruit juice bar- YUMMO!
Highly recommended for good service and prime location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear LouiseBull,

Thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words about my colleague Cliff, he is certainly an asset to our team. I am glad that Michael was able to follow up on your concerns regarding the bath tub and I apologise on this occasion that we were unable to assist in providing you a room with a bath.

I hope that on your next visit to Melbourne we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The Rialto in Melbourne is surely one of those hotels that leave you with a district impression. The centre atrium as you walk in is a great welcome, but the quality continues through to your room and service throughout this fine hotel. The touch and feel of this hotel is one which leaves you wanting more and the finishing of the rooms and the decor is well worth the experience. If your looking to spoil yourself, be positioned well in the city and take home some quality memories of where you stayed, this is truly a choice that won't give you regrets !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear 12NorthernLights,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback from your recent stay with us at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt your experience at the hotel ‘leaves you wanting more’ that is certainly exciting news for us and we hope that all our guests have the same experience.

I hope on you next visit down to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

A great hotel centrally located very good all round service staff excellent Very comfortable bed well laid out room .Big breakfast if you can manage it.Take plenty of money if wife/girl friend with you the near by shops have everything

Room Tip: Just go and enjoy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry L,

Thank you for sharing the kind feedback from you recent stay at the hotel.

It is great to hear that you found my colleagues to provide you with excellent service and also that you found the hotel centrally located, especially to the shops.

I hope that if you have the chance to travel to Melbourne again soon we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed in a king senior suite that gave us access to the club lounge. Our stay was while the tennis was on and during the incredible heat wave.

The staff at the hotel were very attentive especially Cliff the doorman who greeted us personally upon arriving and treated us with exceptional service. We arrived back to the hotel one afternoon on an extremely hot afternoon and he greeted us with a friendly smile gave us bottled water.

The room was amazing very spacious with 3 tv's including one in the bath.

We were given a voucher to 2 free glasses of champagne as it was our 10 yr wedding anniversary

The only negative was an annoying pipe sound that is constantly in the room and the club lounge is a little basic in its offerings definitely had better club lounges at other hotels notably the Sofitel in melbourne. Not a lot of variety to choose from. However the burger and fries from the room service menu was amazing!!! Probably the best burger I have ever eaten.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Kylwd,

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay with us and congratulations on your 10 Year wedding anniversary.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found Cliff to provide you with exceptional service. I certainly consider myself lucky to have him as part of the team.

I am sorry to note your disappointment with the offerings in our Club Lounge, I will be sure to share this feedback with the team as they constantly review this so that we can make adjustments where necessary.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I went to Melbourne for a long weekend and stayed at the Intercontinental in a Club Room. We used a Priority Privilige 2 for the price of one offer. that was about to expire. The Hotel was very nice, great staff , friendly greeting by the Doorman and the nothing was to much trouble for the lovely ladies in the Club Lounge and the Concierge was always very helpful .Our room was very nice on the 4th floor looking into the atriam, only fault was squeeking floorboards which were very noisy if you get up in the middle of the night. The Club Lounge was very good with e a lovely breakfast in a very relaxed setting, Evening drinks a Canapes were a little disappointing not a great variety and pretty boring ,the tasting plate was nice I night but pretty ordinary on the Saturday night. A nice Hotel ,but I don't think the Club Rooms are worth the extra money.

Dear jwb_11,

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

It is great to hear that you found my colleagues to be friendly and accommodating, I will be sure to share this feedback with both Concierge and Club Lounge Teams, I know they will be thrilled to hear this.

I apologise that the evening canapés in the Club Lounge did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to take this feedback on board as we continually review the offerings provided to our guests so that we may make enhancements to our product in the future.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to serve you again during your next visit to Melbourne.

Perth Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I have just enjoyed another 4 nights stay at The Intercontinental
Staff were all very polite and courteous . The rooms are well presented and the beds are extremely comfortable . Breakfast was very tasty with lots of choice.
The only negative was that we couldn't get hold of room service at 10.00 pm. I tried for over half an hour and the phone kept ringing with no answer. Eventually I went down to reception to place my order. I also requested an ice bucket for our bottle of wine. It took about 40 mins before our cheese platter was delivered and we didn't receive our ice bucket.
This is only a minor thing and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear topmarket4,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.
It’s lovely to hear that you enjoyed the offerings on our breakfast buffet and that you found my colleagues to be polite and courteous. I note also the difficulties you experience with your room service order. Although you state that this is a minor thing we take this feedback very seriously and I can assure you that it is not up to our usual standard.

I hope we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon for a more seamless experience.