My wife and I have just enjoyed another 4 nights stay at The Intercontinental
Staff were all very polite and courteous . The rooms are well presented and the beds are extremely comfortable . Breakfast was very tasty with lots of choice.
The only negative was that we couldn't get hold of room service at 10.00 pm. I tried for over half an hour and the phone kept ringing with no answer. Eventually I went down to reception to place my order. I also requested an ice bucket for our bottle of wine. It took about 40 mins before our cheese platter was delivered and we didn't receive our ice bucket.
This is only a minor thing and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- Intercontinental Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.