“Great location and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
kcbenz34
“Great location and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The Rialto was fantastically located for my family's three day stay in Melbourne. The rooms were very nice, and nothing was left out…other than free wifi! The shower was so cool, the TV speaker in the bathroom was the first I'd seen, the Bose radio and AUX plug was awesome, and as football-obsessed American travelers, it was so refreshing to finally watch ESPN! Breakfast was very well-done with so many selections (and they even had a juicer!) and the concierge gave us great recommendations. I made use of the handy-dany jogging route map on my run along the river, so thank you! The gym was great (free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, benches, machines) and the pool/hot tub area was very nice and had a lot of towels right there. The inside of the hotel is just beautiful. The only item left out is that you have to buy internet access for each 24 hour period, or you could use 30 minutes free in the lobby, but only once per device. Other than that, it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Your "view" faces the inside of the hotel, and they don't let you open the "windo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Kcbenz34,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share the feedback of your recent stay with us at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

I am so glad to hear that you found our jogging map useful, this was a recent implementation by our concierge team and I know they will be happy to hear the great feedback.

Should you have the opportunity to return to Melbourne I would look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

After a disastrous journey from England arriving nearly a day late arriving to an amazing hotel like this made us feel a lot better! We were immediately upgraded to a junior Suite as it was the first night of our honeymoon and got free bubbly as well. The service was also exceptional. Loved the fact it was in an old building. The reception and communal areas really did have the wow factor.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YorkshireRoseEngland,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your honeymoon in Australia and also for taking the opportunity to share your kind feedback.

I was delighted to hear that after arriving nearly a day late you felt a whole lot better once you walked into the hotel. I hope that the remainder of your honeymoon is just as delightful as your arrival at the hotel.

I hope that on your next visit to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is my pick so far of hotels I've stayed at in Melbourne.
The location is great and check in service very good.
The rooms were spacious enough, without being huge, and they felt fresh...they didn't have the tired feel that many hotels possess.
It was a bit of a wait to get the car in the morning, so make sure you ring ahead if you are using the valet service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear CJ_from_WA_OK,

Thank you for taking up the opportunity to share your kind review.

It's great to hear that you had a lovely stay with us in Melbourne and found the location of the hotel fit in with the requirements of your stay. It's also nice to hear that we are the pick of the hotels you have stayed at in Melbourne, so far.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne and the hotel again soon.

geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I used The Rialto with my points as I have stayed here before . This stay exceeded any stay I've had here previously and any other Melbourne hotel I've used previously including Crown .
We arrived early and weren't expecting to be able to be checked into a room but on check in we were greeted by a very cheerful girl who was more than happy to check us in but also upgrade us to a WOW room . And it definatly was a WOW room !!! She also asked us what our stay was for , and we mentioned it was my husbands birthday . She then wished him happy birthday and gave us a voucher for 2 complimentary champagnes in the bar . Apart from the fantastic service at reception we also experienced the very welcoming valet guys . To be treated as a returning guest and not just a nobody made this stay unforgettable !! I will be using The Rialto for all future Melbourne stays !!
Ps The bed and pillows are so comfy too !!

Room Tip: Our room was 404 and was fantastic !!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca M,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you felt my colleagues to be welcoming and also that we had the opportunity to make your husband’s Birthday a memorable one.

I hope some time in the not too distant future we have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

An exceptional hotel with a real 5 star service . I had the pleasure of staying in a suite over the weekend and i just cant fault the location , staff , service and the vibe this hotel has . Kelly was my point of contact over the weekend was outstanding , She really is a asset to this hotel . As a Platinum member of Le Club Accor and Starwood preferred Guest ive never considered IHG InterContinental Hotel Group . It was by chance i found them and im completely satisfied . What have i been missing out on for all these years ...

I now look forward to more stays in the future with the ultimate in service . Dont ignore this hotel , as it really is a wonderful experience .

Room Tip: Join ING - Rewards club
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Artieoo125,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review with me.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found my colleagues and the level of service they provided to be excellent. I will be sure to share your comments with Kelly as I know she will be delighted.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne and our hotel again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

A great Melbourne hotel. We stayed 3 nights over the New Year break to celebrate a special birthday. What a surprise to be met with birthday greetings at check in plus complimentary champagne to celebrate.
Location was just right for our needs, the rooms comfortable and quiet. Easy access to taxis and public transport.
Every hotel staff member we spoke to or who helped us was so warm and friendly, it was almost like meeting old friends!
Highly recommended and we will be back to mark our wedding anniversary later in 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear John R,

Thank you for sharing your Birthday celebration with us at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

I am delighted to note that you found my colleagues warm and friendly during your stay and that you enjoyed your Birthday greeting.

I look forward to helping you celebrate your Wedding Anniversary later this year.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

A well located hotel in Melbourne. Checked in with speed and efficiency, as a member of IHG was allocated the ambassador floor. Comfy clean room, with a huge bed. Fast and efficient room service. Good bar scene. The staff are a credit. Try the Atlantic for supper a short walk from the hotel.

Avoid Taxi from the airport, take the skybus to southern Star and the hotel is a short walk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Undercoverelephant,

As an IHG Rewards Club Member thank you for taking the opportunity to share you kind feedback with me.

I am delighted to hear that that you felt my colleagues to be a credit to the hotel and that your check-in process was speedy and efficient.

I hope on your next visit to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto? Share your experiences!