“Such a memorable time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #9 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
“Such a memorable time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Staff were fantastic! Daniel was such a lovable gem at the front desk! Janni was lovely and helpful in the club lounge! And even though I missed her name when we checking out, our service was beyond reproach! Our room in the junior suite was so nice, with one of the comfiest beds! Pillows were divine!
Central to most places....it took a 2 minute walk to southern cross station, 30 minute walk to harbour town, 15 minute walk to casino and colonial dinner tram!
One word comes to mind........."Brilliant"

Room Tip: We have stayed in different rooms there, and although suites are our choice, they have all been love...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Kim M,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback with me.

I was delighted to note that you found my colleagues helpful and friendly and that you found the hotel centrally located to all the city’s landmarks. I am glad that you had the opportunity have dinner on the colonial tramcar restaurant; it is definitely a once in a lifetime experience.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

1,082 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is a few blocks away from the center of town but well worth the walk as the rooms are very well appointed and very comfortable, stayed in a junior suit, excellent bed and bathroom. Staff were brilliant, reasonably priced for level of comfort

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear RafyM,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.

I was also happy to hear that my colleagues were brilliant and you found the hotel well positioned within the city of Melbourne.

I hope on your next visit to Melbourne we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Sydney, Australia
1,548 helpful votes 1,548 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was one of the very best Hotel stays I have had. It is certainly one of the very best 5 star hotels innAustralia. From the first moment I stepped out of the car and was greeted by Arthur who gave me a very warm welcome, I felt I had arrived. Oliver welcomed me to the hotel and introduced me to the Front office Manager who was kind enough to show me to my Suite, a wonderful apartment and through my whole stay the service was incredible.

The hotel lobby smelt lovely the new art works looked amazing and added some glitz and brightness, these weren't there when I stayed last year, so the inside of the hotel has a different look, simply a better one.

I stayed in the Brighton suite. This room is very spacious with a huge spa tub and a separate 10 head shower, sublime relaxation.
Theres a nespresso machine for your complementary coffee, along with access to a very well run Club Lounge, with some good, friendly and very attentive staff.
The king size bed was very comfortable, it's a cloud of softness and the finest bedding but still just the right firmness. Lovely room and having stayed in a few, along with some others in this hotel they are superb. As an IHG Ambassador I'm very proud to be able to highly recommend this hotel. It is certainly one of the very best with some very fine management.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear VangeInternational,

As a valued Ambassador member thank you for taking the opportunity to share your kind feedback with me.

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Brighton suite, we have recently made some soft upgrades to our suites which reflect some areas in and around Melbourne.

It is nice to hear also that you found my colleagues helpful and friendly in particular Olivier and Arthur, I will be sure to share you feedback with them.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto soon.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we received a free night due to their best rate guarantee deal. I didn't expect anything too exciting but I was definitely wrong!

The hotel doesn't look much from the street but upon walking inside it is beautiful and unique. We were treated extremely well from the moment we entered (which I didn't expect staying for free!).

Our room was absolutely stunning and I'm very picky! The windows looked out to the inside of the middle of the hotel which is gorgeous and unique. It sort of reminded me of a train station/jail... but a very beautiful jail haha! The pictures really do not do this place justice.

Don't hesitate booking this beautiful hotel if you want a relaxing stay. The only other hotel I would recommend that is on par is the Crown Towers but it is obviously a very different kind of hotel. Enjoy! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room which was just beautiful. Our room overlooked the centre of the hotel whi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Callyn83,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto.

I am delighted to hear that you were treated like royalty during your stay, we strive to do this with all our guests.

Often people do comment on how they hotel could look a little like an old jail however it actually has an amazingly rich history and you are right, the photos don’t do it justice!

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this year, have to say not the most warming hotels I have ever stayed in,
The rooms are dark and face into the void above the restaurant. It was quite depressing.
Would I stay here again no, it's not for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Youngman46,

Thank you for taking the time to share the review of your recent stay.

Whilst I am happy to hear that you found the service and sleep quality during your stay exceptional I was disappointed that the hotels architecture did not meet your expectations. There is such a rich history behind the two buildings in which we are housed and although none of the buildings have been used to house prisoners we do occasionally receive that comment.

I hope that one day we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and show you some of the intriguing history behind the hotels buildings.

Kind regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Arrived around 8am and wasnt expecting the room to be ready however the check in staff were very helpful and not only got us a room but even offered us free breakfast 'as it was Christmas". The hotel is beautiful and has an amazing atrium which all the rooms look onto. The rooms are all very modern and of a good size with all facilities you would expect.

Again the only downside I have is the lack of free wifi, come on guys this is standard throughout 5 star hotel in the World now!

Dear u600358,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at the hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found my colleagues during the check-in process very helpful and we were also able to accommodate an early check-in for you.

From January 1 all our properties will now offer free wi-fi to our IHG Rewards Club Members, the best part about this is it’s free to join.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We've stayed here both times we've visited Melbourne, and will do so the next time also. That probably says it all really. Architecturally, the hotel is a unique and fascinating building, both in side and out, with a bar area that fits that motif perfectly. You feel that, on entering the building, you are walking into a piece of opulent history, and that feeling never leaves you while you are there, although that is NOT to say there is anything old or jaded about it. Everything is classical and immaculate. A perfect balance. The staff are courteous, friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, as, indeed you would expect from this brand and class of hotel. In terms of location, it is ideal for exploring Melbourne. The river and the railway station are only a couple of minutes walk away, and there are dozens of great restaurants and bars within a short stumble. I am looking forward to being back there as soon as possible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LordKM,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback of your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear from our return guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the architecture of the hotel, whilst it is not for everyone I feel very lucky to be working in such an historic building right in the heart of Melbourne.

I can’t wait to welcome you back to the hotel during your next visit to Melbourne!

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto? Share your experiences!