“Great choice for a luxurious visit to Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #12 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
adelaide
“Great choice for a luxurious visit to Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for several nights starting on a Thursday.
We had a junior suite for a couple of days in the older wing and the room was spectacular. Very clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast wasn't as amazing but ok. Interestingly they have the same pastries as the airport Parkroyal but not the same broad range.Saturday breakfast was mad, all the waiting staff were run of their feet and service suffered.
We also stayed in the senior suite with club access. The bedroom is separate from the loungeand there's a tv in the mirror in the bathroom. Very American overindulgence which I loved...
The suite warranted the extra charge but the club isn't worth it.
Didn't go there for breakfast but did visit for the afternoon tea and "chef selection" in the evening. Not that great in a nutshell. Drinks were alright but I think the occupancy rate must have been too low to warrant a proper club experience, though on Saturday again it was very busy. The melbs Marriott do it a lot better in comparison even though their accommodation is not as good.
Free WiFi was great and the pool and fitness area excellent. Really loved it overall.

• Stayed September 2013
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Shorichi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with me.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the overindulgence that our Senior Suites have to offer our guests. I have also noted the other feedback you have shared with me and will be sure to share this with the relevant teams.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Melbourne and the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

1 night stay (Sat)

Very handy to Southern Cross station (about 3 blocks away) if arriving by Skybus from the airport as I was. (yet not too close)

Excellent / attentive door staff at all times. Very welcoming.

Fast/efficient check-in and check-out.

Room & bathroom were immaculate/spacious.

(My only complaint about Housekeeping is that the bed had been made with the bottom sheet finishing 10cm from before the base of the bed, so my feet were touching the mattress. I couldn't sleep like that, so I had to remake the bed myself)

Breakfast venue at the base of the hotel's atrium is unique/stunning. Breakfast itself was great with an excellent variety of food. Excellent staff.

I often choose hotels/rooms based on the view available, however I get the impression that 90% of the rooms simply have a view into the central atrium, which was fine by me. On this occasion I didn't want to pay extra for a great view.

Be wary of rooms with interconnecting doors. A toddler/baby started crying near the interconnecting door just as I preparing for bed, and I feared the worst (no sleep for me), however thankfully that stopped within seconds and I didn't hear the chid cry again until I was dressing in the morning. I was very lucky though. You may not be so lucky, so request a room without interconnecting doors.

Easy to walk all over Melbourne from the hotel. I took a taxi to the MCG as time was critical, then I walked back; and I walked to/from Royal Melbourne Hospital for a conference via Queen Victoria Markets.

At the right price, I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel, and to stay here again myself.

Room Tip: Be wary of rooms with interconnecting doors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Sawnbay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me.

I am delighted that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. I was disappointed to note the inconsistency with you bedding and I can assure you that this is not to our usual standards.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the team.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the InterContinental Melbourne in April for our wedding the suite was stunning! I stayed the night before as the bride and my new husband joined me for night two.

I cannot share anything but praise for Kishor (Guest Experience Manager) he was simply outstanding, welcoming, and couldn’t do enough to make our stay wonderful. Thank you to you and your team for a fabulous experience.

Pity we live in Melbourne so we don’t get to stay in our own city’s hotels, but recommend everyone who comes to visit Melbourne to stay here. Just wonderful.

Room Tip: The suites are stunning!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LkKaczkowski,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with me.

Congratulations on your wedding and I am delighted that we were able to help make the occasion a special one. We certainty consider ourselves lucky to have Kishor as part of our team, he is one outstanding employee.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on the occasion of your wedding anniversary.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Quick check-in. Had a night away from the kids so intended to have some rest and relaxation. Visited Spa in the same building but this was not operated by the hotel. Room was a bit small. TV positioned in a strange aspect to the bed so made for an uncomfortable movie watch as the seating was for one person only. Room service was reasonably good. Breakfast was good. Check-out took a long time with a queue in reception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ozmadmax,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your stay at the hotel.

I was disappointed to note that your check-out took longer than expected. Recently we implemented our in room video-checkout service and also have express checkout box at reception which help make check-out a breeze.

Despite the shortcomings of your stay, I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the club level for two nights when we were in Melbourne. Absolutely gorgeous room and bathroom and I loved the building also. We had a voucher from being with priority privileges so we got two nights for the price of one which was tersely great - but would still stay even if we didn't have voucher. Club level drinks and breakfast was really good - large range and all staff were exceptional. Love this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Maya_126,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I am glad to hear that your loved the building. We are very privileged to be housed in a building with such a unique history in Melbourne.

Kind regards,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returned home from Melbourne Spring Fashion week and had stayed 2 nights at the InterContinental Melbourne. I need to say that my stay was fantastic. Beautiful spacious rooms with every facility being top class. From the moment I opened the door of my car out front the service was spectacular. All the staff were very polite and extremely helpful with my every query. I would highly recommend it for a business stay or for just a fun few nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Daktari7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you found our service spectacular and also found my colleagues extremely helpful with your queries.

I hope that we are able to welcome to back to the hotel next year during Spring Fashion Week!

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is an excellently located hotel just up from Southern Cross Railway Station, rooms are large with all the comforts of home, staff very friendly and helpful, get a club room as the extras make it worth while. The pool is heated and a full gym keeps you healthy. Nice atmosphere

Room Tip: Book a club room well worth it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Coffeepots,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with me.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and found all the comforts of home in your room.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto? Share your experiences!