“Beautiful Heritage with a Modern Twist” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Frankston, Australia
“Beautiful Heritage with a Modern Twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I have just spent 3 fabulous nights in the Rialto intercontinental Melbourne. Brilliant all around. The rooms were intimate yet spacious, with very large bedroom. We stayed in a king room, overlooking the external atrium of the skyscraper Rialto. To get an inward facing room, you must book a club room. Breakfast, AMAZING, great selection. Pool, spa,sauna & gym on level 10 great views. I felt very posh staying here!!! Wine bar great on a Fri night for jazz!!! 10/10

• Stayed April 2013
InterContinenta... M, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Catherine M,

Tahnk you so much for your kind review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sebastian Germershausen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights to visit my friends in Melbourne and this is the second time I've been to this city. The hotel is located at Paris-end Collins st. with a beautiful architecture, the blue lights from the atrium make me feel more confortable. There is trams in front of the hotel can take you to pretty much everywhere in this city as well as taxi rank all-day, everyday.
My room was at Rialto wing with a balcony, I can sit there, read the news with light-filled from the atrium. Excellent room (for me) and the bed was really comfy.
Last but not least, the staffs here won me a big hand-down. I'm from NY and I've been staying at many IC hotels all around the world and this hotel is one of the best. Staffs here show me what I mean by "Hospitality". From Concierge to Receptionists, fron-of-house to back-of-house staffs, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. I ordered Breakfast every morning and I had special dietaries for my meal. Having said that, Ben - the Room service staff did the best he could to accomodate and he also followed up to make sure I enjoy my meals. I also appreciate your weather info every morning, it helped me a lot and I had wonderful day-out. Again, thank you very much.
The hotel has lovely heated in-door swimming pool and a gym. All in all, I had a wonderful time in this city packed with memorable experiences from InterContinental Melbourne.
I will definitely come back next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
InterContinenta... M, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear James A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Perth,Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights recently.What a wonderful experience it was.Firstly the building in which the hotel is located has character in abundance with that nice old fashioned feeling not always found in this day and age.Secondly,this is a truly service orientated hotel.Whoever trains the staff in customer service needs to be congratulated.Nothing was ever too much trouble whenever we came into contact with staff.With regard to our room,each day it was impeccably cleaned by people whom we never met but fully appreciated.We used the hotel restaurant on a couple of occasions and must make mention of the welcome and genuine interest in us that Saskia showed which made our dinner such a pleasant experience.

When we return again to Melbourne I think we know where we will be staying !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mijak,

Thank you for sharing your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights at the Intercontinental The Rialto in Melbourne's CBD. This hotel is in a great location with all the restaurants you would need at your fingertips. The Concierge staff were also very helpful with restaurant recommendations. We chose a
Club room which includes breakfast and pre dinner drinks including alcoholic beverages and food consisting of a gourmet tasting plate, with a small buffet of other snacks. This snack bar is not as good as other Intercontinental hotels we have stayed at in Australia including Adelaide and Sydney, but it is nice. Our room was on the 5th floor. It was a little bit noisy from the A?C units on the roof, but it was still a comfortable sleep. Our Club room was big with Nespresso coffee machine. A nice touch.

Room Tip: Consider what the Club options offer. The unlimited pre dinner drinks from 5.30 to 8pm with canopes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eur02012,

Thank you for sharing your review, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will look into your feedback regarding noise from outside and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had never been to a hotel before where not one thing went wrong, the intercontinental was the first. From the overly friendly staff, especially Youi and Chris, to the facilities, food even to things like the smell, everything was just perfect! I highly recommend to all! Thanks very much for making everything bliss

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Justindoecke,

Thank you for sharing your kind review, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We always aim for the highest level of service so I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Colac,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed at the Rialto for one night whilst visiting Melbourne. Every think was perfect and could not be faulted although we felt that valet parking at $50 per night and breakfast at $40 per head was a bit over the top.

Room Tip: Rooms are beautifully furnished, the TV was fixed at right angles to the bed which made watching TV...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Corrie K,

Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is such a beautiful hotel and it's backed up by wonderful service. Perfectly located with a very short walk to Flinders or Southern Cross and the CBD. The rooms are gorgeous, quiet and impeccably maintained. The bars and restaurant are gorgeous. The girls in both made some very enjoyable times.

I had joined the Ambassador program and truly enjoy the little touches that are made and I would suggest you do the same or at the very least the priority club.

The breakfast is glorious!!! It takes a lot to impress me, but having fresh honey still on the frame with wax included, that was special.

I could not recommend a hotel in Melbourne any higher.

Shane Wylie #908 April

Room Tip: Make sure you join the Ambassador program or at the very least Priority Club rewards if you're g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ourpoeticprince,

Thank you for sharing your kind review, I am so glad to hear your enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! The honeycomb from our rooftop hives is certainly a special feature that we pride ourselves on. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.