I recently stayed here for 4 nights to visit my friends in Melbourne and this is the second time I've been to this city. The hotel is located at Paris-end Collins st. with a beautiful architecture, the blue lights from the atrium make me feel more confortable. There is trams in front of the hotel can take you to pretty much everywhere in this city as well as taxi rank all-day, everyday.
My room was at Rialto wing with a balcony, I can sit there, read the news with light-filled from the atrium. Excellent room (for me) and the bed was really comfy.
Last but not least, the staffs here won me a big hand-down. I'm from NY and I've been staying at many IC hotels all around the world and this hotel is one of the best. Staffs here show me what I mean by "Hospitality". From Concierge to Receptionists, fron-of-house to back-of-house staffs, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. I ordered Breakfast every morning and I had special dietaries for my meal. Having said that, Ben - the Room service staff did the best he could to accomodate and he also followed up to make sure I enjoy my meals. I also appreciate your weather info every morning, it helped me a lot and I had wonderful day-out. Again, thank you very much.
The hotel has lovely heated in-door swimming pool and a gym. All in all, I had a wonderful time in this city packed with memorable experiences from InterContinental Melbourne.
I will definitely come back next time.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel
- Intercontinental Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.