My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights recently.What a wonderful experience it was.Firstly the building in which the hotel is located has character in abundance with that nice old fashioned feeling not always found in this day and age.Secondly,this is a truly service orientated hotel.Whoever trains the staff in customer service needs to be congratulated.Nothing was ever too much trouble whenever we came into contact with staff.With regard to our room,each day it was impeccably cleaned by people whom we never met but fully appreciated.We used the hotel restaurant on a couple of occasions and must make mention of the welcome and genuine interest in us that Saskia showed which made our dinner such a pleasant experience.
When we return again to Melbourne I think we know where we will be staying !
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel Melbourne
- Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto Hotel
- Intercontinental Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrated as one of the world’s hottest and best new hotels by both Conde Nast Traveler and Wallpaper* magazines, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto is a fascinating example of the city’s fusion of old and new. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto represents the resurrection of one of the city’s last remaining examples of 19th Century Victorian Gothic architecture into a timeless and inspiring luxury hotel. Its city centre location on Collins Street is at the heart of the laneways, attractions and experiences that give Melbourne its international appeal. Behind the Gothic façade is a sleek yet intimate hotel that is home to two very different bars – the Bluestone Wine Lounge and the Market Lane Bar – and a variety of dining establishments, including Alluvial Restaurant and Guy Grossi’s exciting new venture, Merchant. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto has also teamed up with Shannon Bennett, providing valet parking for his new Vue de monde restaurant on the 55th floor of the adjacent Rialto building. InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto’s warmth and exceptional service belies its size, with more than 250 guest rooms across two soaring wings, including a stunning collection of suites as well as the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge and facilities for premium guests. The hotel’s rooftop is also a destination itself, home to the kitchen’s own market garden and beehives, the Scandinavian-inspired swimming pool and the glass-encased fitness centre overlooking the Melbourne cityscape. Also available is the luxurious candle-lit East Day Spa offering east-meets-west treatments and therapies. Before guests arrive, they can take advantage of the concierges’ passion and Insider knowledge of the city. Chief Concierge, James Ridenour and his team are the key to authentic experiences of the real Melbourne and everything the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.