“Comfortable, clean and at a good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Melbourne

You added ibis Melbourne to your Saves list
ibis Melbourne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #69 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable, clean and at a good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. Some points to note, there's quite a lot of construction work near by so it seems a little dodgy at night.

Also, I picked this hotel to stay at because it was stated under Agoda to provide free wifi. A point to note, wifi is limited to 50mb or half an hour (whichever comes first) per day, per device and only available at the lobby. However when I connected at the lobby I could still use it in my room after taking the lift up. Any additional wifi time will cost you.

Other than that, the beds are incredibly comfortable and rooms are cosy.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear hosalegna,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. I am glad that you had a good sleep and like our ibis sweet beds.

I do apologise for the confusion in regards to wifi in the Hotel. Please rest assured that I will investigate this issue with Agoda to prevent future occurrence.

Email: h1564-gm01@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Leeton, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights (4 adults 1 baby). The kitchenette and dining areas are not sufficient for anything more than making a sandwich or toast. The beds were quite comfortable and we all had good nights sleep. Decent bathroom with plenty of room and separate toilet but overall the apartment was slightly cramped (this could be because of the cot in room). Location was great, just a short walk to almost anything you need but parking was terrible! Only about 2 dozen car spaces in the basement which you access with a VERY narrow driveway, hard to navigate in a mid-size SUV, and there are no lifts to the lobby but you are asked to take a series of steep stairs instead.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your time to review your recent stay, Jack M, I am glad to read that you had a good night sleep.

I am sorry that our hotel car park facilities are not suitable for you. I understand the inconvenience of having no elevators from the hotel car park due to building design. I agree that the car park can be challenging to enter and exit if you have a large vehicle. The next time you park, please let our team know and we are more than happy to assist in guiding you in.

New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Because of last minute airport fog I had to alter pre-booked Expedia (nice people) dates which necessitated changing from an Ibis standard room to an apartment, the only other other area in the hotel available. I paid triple more - the Ibis called it an Upgrading. I had stayed at this Ibis (Therry Street) a couple of years ago and up until last week I drove folk mad talking about the magnificent huge shower box in a standard room..
However this shower had a curtain not a door, and the running water flooded the bathroom area so I would have had to either wear wellington boots to get to the sink or the loo, or make sure I 'sink-ed' and 'loo-ed' before and not after my shower.
The apartment was terrible. I could take looking at a concrete wall a couple of feet from the window - we were cheek-by-jowl in the city, after all - but the blind had to be lowered three-quarters so as people in opposite windows couldnt see in, and the overhead lighting was extremely poor. I could hardly see in kitchen area, and the brightest room to eat in would have been the bathroom if I fancied eating my meal sitting on the loo, a loo which was so high my feet didn't touch the floor. Oh, and when I asked a receptionist for a pamphlet on The Grampians,, she burrowed in cabinet and handed me said pamphlet. What, no racks of pamphlets? I had no idea what other tourist activity was out there. The Queen Victoria Market closing time was different from the hotel flyer given on arrival.
No full-length mirror. Clock wasnt altered from daylight saving the 6 days I was there (yes, I'm a klutz at altering radio/clocks!).. The tv in the sitting area and the tv in the bedroom didn't run the same channels. And ... on my last morning I suddenly thought, "...this is an apartment for disabled folk!" Poor disabled folk, having to put up with an apartment that though functional for them is very reminiscent of a 1960's motel unit compared to the rest of hotel.. I think the price should have been downgraded from the standard room, not upgraded!
I quite liked the i-bistro downstairs. The breakfast pancake machine was wonderful. Is this how top chefs make pancakes "out back" where we can't see what they're doing?

Room Tip: take a standard room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay, Pixiehat. I am glad to read about your positive experience at the I bistro.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. Would you be able to contact me at a time that is convenient for you? My contact phone number is +61 3 9666 0000 or email is h1564-gm01@accor.com.

I look forward to hear from you and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to accommodate you again and provide you with a much more pleasant experience.

HORLEY, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Have stayed here before but a lot of nearby duildings have been demolished and building work is taking place.However,we were only woken once at 7.20am during our weeks stay although work appears to start at about 7.0am.The hotel is in a very good location for Victoria Market and a short walk to the main shopping area and station.Have always been disappointed with the bar and restaurant which is below ground level with no ambiance.Only visited once and the food was not appealing with the crutons appearing to be crusts of bread!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Kenneth P,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Melbourne. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused with the construction next to the Hotel and impact your stay with us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and we are working closely with the construction company to minimise the noise and disruption.

The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from guests who have enjoyed their stay here at the Ibis Melbourne.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Giovani Sayuti
Assistant Manager
Email: h1564-dm05@accor.com
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had a one night stay here 9th April 2014. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Had dinner and breakfast at the iBistro downstairs. Our breakfast was included in the room price, we had booked and prepaid online so no charges were added during our stay, and we paid cash for dinner. Both meals were excellent and good value. Great range of food at smorgasbord breakfast. So close to the market too. Would definitely recommend. Why only 4 stars - would have loved an indoor swim at the end of the day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Jan P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and taking the time to post your feedback. It is pleasing to read that you had comfortable and enjoyable experience with us.

The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from guests who have enjoyed their stay here at the ibis Melbourne.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've stayed at the ibis on Therry St multiple times in the last couple of years. Service has been great and staff are always helpful.

The rooms have been clean and comfortable and in working order each time. The quality of sleep is also good with no out of building noise filtering in.

The location is great, close to Queen Vic markets and transport. Very easy to get around from here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Giovani S, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Peter C,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Melbourne. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We do appreciate your continued loyalty and very much look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Melbourne in the near future.

Giovani Sayuti
Assistant Manager
Email: h1564-dm05@accor.com

Been to ibis Melbourne? Share your experiences!