“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Melbourne

Save Saved
You added ibis Melbourne to your Saves list
ibis Melbourne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Special Offer
Stay 2 Save 20%
Ranked #61 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Modena, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel is very comfortable, as a hotel of this kind should be: big rooms, big and comfortable bad, big toilet and great shower. It's not only comfortable, it's also always very clean. The staff at reception is really kind, friendly and helpful. Position: it's not really in the heart of Melbourne, but still few meters from the city centre, and really close to some of other interesting places: Queen Victoria Market and Carlton, that can be both reached just by crossing a street! Overall, it's a very good hotel and I fully suggest to stay here. Just one thing for which I will only rate it 4 stars instead of 5: wi-fi. You can have 30 min. per day free wi-fi, but only in the reception area. Extra wi-fi or wi-fi in the room is really expansive, and can reach almost 25 AUD for the full day! Since that nowadays almost every traveller needs a wi-fi connection when traveling and that many hotels (even lower quality ones) offer wi-fi for free, I believe that an hotel like Ibis should offer this service too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jayesh_Bala, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Caggiamilan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I have shared your positive feed with all of our team here. It was great to hear that you enjoyed our central location and had the opportunity to visit the famous Queen Victoria Markets.

With regards to your feedback about WiFi, you will be pleased to know that as of the 1st October 2013 we have introduced complimentary WiFI access to all LeClub Silver, Gold and Platinum members.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I chose Ibis Melbourne as it was close to the Queen Victoria Market. Had booked a standard room for a night but got upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment without even requesting and my late checkout request was granted. For these reasons, I give this place a 5 Star rating.

Service staff were friendly and approachable. Parking was at A$25 for 24hrs at the hotel carpark that had limited lots. Carpark was quite narrow and may be a bit challenging for drivers with bigger cars. My stay came with breakfast and it was really good with lots of variety. I love the pancakes fresh out of the pancake machine that they had. Delicious! Complimentary WIFI was provided for 30mins per day at the lobby, not a lot but better than nothing. There was some renovation works going on at the lobby while I was there but as I was out most of the day, it didn't affect me. Overall, a fantastic stay and will definitely choose this place again when I am back in Melbourne!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Celestar989,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the ibis Melbourne on Trip Advisor.

It is pleasing to read that you had comfortable and enjoyable experience.

I agree that the car park can be challenging to enter and exit if you have a large vehicle. The next time you park, please let our team know and we are more than happy to assist in guiding you in. The pancake machine is one of the most popular items at breakfast. You will also be pleased to know that as of the 1st October 2013 all LeClub Silver, Gold and Platinum members can now access complimentary in-room WiFi.

Our exciting lobby refurbishment comes to an end in mid October 2013 and we are looking forward to unveiling our new lobby to our guests.

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Rooms are clean with great beds, had a really big 1 bedroom. Ibis is located 2-6 min walk of Victoria market, Chinatown, Swanson St, central Melbourne, shopping & restaurants . Staff is great. My main complaint is internet is 22.95 a day that High.( 30 min is free in the lobby a day) My experience is most hotel have internet at N/C for hotel guest if Mac Donald is free why is Ibis charging 22.95 a day ?. The Ibis is comfortable, clean, spacious with a great location in Melbourne, But internet rates can Break your budget
( Be aware of construction in the lobby & next door) Stay 6 nites in Sept -2013

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelDeFamly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with ibis Melbourne.

It is pleasing that you enjoyed your stay and our central location. I understand and agree with your feedback regarding internet access. You will be pleased to know that as of the 1st October 2013 all LeClub Silver, Gold and Platinum members can now access complimentary in-room WiFi.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed in a standard room with my girlfriend when we visited Melbourne in July 2013. Room was huge and clean, bathroom was spotless. Fantastic! Hotel was in a central location and within walking distance to almost everything. Queen Victoria Market just a few steps away. Most day tour companies do pick ups directly from ibis, which is great for people wanting to use ibis as a base to explore the outskirts of Melbourne. Hotel receptionists were friendly and helpful and we were also given early check-in, much appreciated! There was free wifi in the lobby area, but room wifi was very costly!

Only downside: the hairdryer was not working and it was not fixed after the first day. But to the hotel's credit, they managed to change it for us at 2.30 in the morning after we called the reception again. Great job guys!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear yshon,

Thank you for feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for pointing out some key features that future guests will find useful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I come to Melbourne every couple of years for work and usually stay closer to the Royal Children's but needed somewhere cheaper on this occasion. The Ibis was a great price and is really well situated, right near Queen Victoria market and only 5 minutes walk to Melbourne Central station. I walked to RCH as well, though that was a little further! The room and decor were simple, no mini bar or flash extras, but clean and tidy with everything you need. The "Grab & Go" option in lieu of room service works well - just phone your order to the restaurant and they ring you when it's ready to pick up (you can order drinks from the bar as well). It's true that there was only a passing reference to this service in the room, but I just asked the front desk staff who gave me the menu and all the instructions I needed. Have to say the front desk staff were among the most friendly and helpful I've ever encountered - I was very impressed with them. Breakfast was good, again simple options but everything you need and cheaper than some places I've stayed. Overall a really good option if you're wanting to be in the city but want something cheaper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sue A,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay with us.

We are very happy to hear that you were very satisfied with our hotel's great location, food and value.

I look forward to your next stay with us hopefully soon.

Email: Jayesh.BALA@accor.com

Been to ibis Melbourne? Share your experiences!