“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Melbourne

Save Saved
You added ibis Melbourne to your Saves list
ibis Melbourne
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early, spend less!
Ranked #61 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Excellent location, close to Victoria Market, city center and other places of interest. Spacious and clean rooms. Good service. Good price! Our window was very close to the next commercial building - no view at all, but for this reason it was very quite at night! Highly recommended if you're not looking for a 5-6 stars hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JadeIbisMelbourne, Manager at ibis Melbourne, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Accorhotels.com traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share some positive feedback on the Ibis Melbourne.

We pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

968 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

For business travellers who want to sneak out and catch a bit of Melbourne atmosphere, the Ibis is a great option. It is only a block from the Victoria Markets, and the markets open extremely early, so it's easy to duck over before work and have a fantastic breakfast while browsing the delicatessen hall. The Ibis itself is a fairly utilitarian hotel in keeping with the chain's image, but the rooms are clean and well appointed. I found the staff to be kind and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Icc76,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our close proximity to the famous Victoria Markets.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a great spot and up until now I have always been in an apartment style room. The rooms are spotlessly clean and clutter free. There is an iPod doc with great sound. Bathrooms have a timber look floor with modern fittings.
It's a shame that the only thing letting the hotel down is the lack differential service provided to Silver Advantage plus members. There is no benefit for being a long standing member when you are greeted. I choose to stay here often on business and would enjoy some additional benefits. Maybe a drink or an upgrade or even acknowledgment of my loyalty. Special mention to Leo in tue restaurant. He always remembers to welcome me back and ask how my family are doing. He should be training others on what hospitality is all about.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Nicsteve1,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The staff on the desk were extremely helpful and friendly. When I first arrived I felt intensely odd whilst talking to the staff member at the desk. It wasn't until I got in the lift on the way up to my room that I realised why - I was in shock. Coming from Perth where staff pride themselves on being as unpleasant, rude and disinterested as humanly possible, I was simply shocked that someone in a service position would be nice to a customer.

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was great. I was catching up with friends and the size of the living area was perfect. The bedroom was nice and clean and the bathroom was spotless and appeared to have been renovated recently. They also had nice new carpet in the hallways - it was very thick too which I am sure helped dampen any noise from other visitors. Check out it is at 11 which is also a plus.

The only detractions were:
* I prefer to walk around and this place is a fair way out of the city (although very close to the markets and right in the middle of a number of tram lines).
* The tap in the kitchen dripped a bit.
* There was a dubious stain on one of the pillows in the living room.
* My king size bed was two single beds which I hate with the strength of a thousands suns.
* They do not have a facility to store baggage after you check out. Apparently there are lockers you can hire. I believe any decent quality hotel can surely set aside a small room for you to leave you bags in.
* The shower is built for hobbits (but that is usually the case).

Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear JamesM82,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Melbourne. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We pride ourselves on our personal guest service and it is always encouraging to our team to read positive feedback such as yours

I would like to extend my apologies for the issue with the tap in your room and the pillow case. I have discussed both with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel actually does not have anything to complaint about, but at the same time, nothing really great to say of either. The room was ok, clean, bathroom ok with just a shower cap, two soap cakes and two normal towels. Had a restuarant, but did not have time to really check it out. While the price charged seemed to be too much on the higher side, for what you really get back in terms of add ons. And the internet was a wired internet which I had a hard time to connect to as my laptop wasn't configured for this. You now hardly need this wired connection, everywhere it is wifi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear JPA1605,

You will be pleased to know that in September we will be introducing our new $15 menu concept. It will have new items daily from Fish “n” Chips to a delish Curry. We are very excited to introduce this concept as it will provide exceptional value for money for our guests.
I am also delighted to advise that as of the 20th of September all our rooms and public areas will have WIFI access.

Email: H1564-GM01@accor.com

Been to ibis Melbourne? Share your experiences!