Only chose the hotel due to it being at the top of the city where we had to be.
With the online reservation I chose the "Night in" package which included valet parking and full breakfasts. This was easily booked with the Hyatt web service. Confirmation was soon recieved via email. Next day I returned to the Hyatt to check about upgrades and found the exact same room was now $20 cheaper. After a quick phone call I was given the cheaper rate.
On arrival at the main entrance we were greated and the boot unpacked and car taken care of.
To our surprise the room was ready for us, it was only 12 midday. We were not directed to the elevators which weren't apparent, nor were we told we needed to use the room card to access the floor in the elevator.
On exiting the elevator the entire passage seamed dark but this was due to dark walls and carpet. The room had the similar tonings and furnature. This was the smallest room we have stayed in in all the 5 star hotels we use. But in saying that the bathroom was a generous size and included a seperate bath which was nice. Anyway we weren't there to stay in the room.
The room and amenities were comfortable but were surprised that there was no pillow menu as we have become use to with this level of hotel. Reception looked puzzled to what we meant when we asked. Also surprised there was no turn down service. I guess we have been spoiled at other 5 star hotels in Melbourne.
Next morning when arriving for breakfast it was hard to get a free standing table with chairs, as most table had either one or two sides in a couch formation. Service at breakfast was excellent as well as the choices available.
The express checkout was quick and the car was ready when we departed.
This was one of the more expensive 5 star hotels in the area sevice was excellent, room was okay. I don't think we will return as there are others who do better for less at the same quality in Melbourne.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and discover a Melbourne icon. Stunning new guest rooms at Grand Hyatt Melbourne complete a journey of total transformation into the city’s centre of luxury. Grand Hyatt Melbourne hotel is located at the top end of prestigious Collins Street in the centre of CBD, the business, shopping, theatre and restaurant district. The hotel is also within walking distance of Princess Theatre, Federation Square and Southgate. The hotel provides 548 rooms and suites and extensive meeting and event facilities. The recent transformation of the hotel has seen it completely revitalized with spectacular new upper and lower lobbies, the restaurant, Collins Kitchen, the bar, RU-CO, as well as the addition of an exclusive retail environment and innovative events venue, the residence. Guest rooms feature a brand new design concept that enhances the hotel’s uninterrupted Melbourne city views. Guests booking into Club accommodation will enjoy all the benefits of the Grand Club lounge including personalised express check in and check-out, deluxe complimentary breakfast, all day refreshments, evening drinks with canapes and private meeting areas. For meetings and events, Grand Hyatt Melbourne offers the perfect combination of first class facilities, outstanding services and a range of flexible packages. For weddings our hotel offers a range of romantic rooms for your special day.Grand Hyatt Melbourne also offers all guests’ access to City Club Health & Fitness and exclusive spa treatments and massages at our Sanctuary Day Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.