First, do not drive to the stated address of the hotel (474 Flanders Street). We took our car into the carpark at that address, and found that it was not the hotel lot. We had to back ourselves onto Flinders St. (hairy experience!) and search for the hotel reception. We parked on a side street and finally found the reception office - on Highlander Lane, a narrow one-way street off Flinders. Had to block traffic, briefly, while registering. Better adfvance information could be provided to registered guests
Secondly, do not assume that a 5 night stay in a 16th floor apartment will give you a room with a great view- something other reviewers have noted as a plus for the hotel. Our apartment (1624) had a near-claustrophobic view of the flat side of another building. We unpacked without checking the view, and wished we had insisted upon a view.
The wifi did not work in our room (and in the rooms of some other guests, as we discovered in the lobby.) There is free internet access in the lobby, a bit inconvenient when you're 16 floors up! Staff person Karen spent considerable time trying to rectify the situation - rebooting the system, etc., but to no avail. We did appreciate her efforts.
On the positive side, secure parking was easy and, at $25 a night, reasonable for the area.
The location is great - close to Etihad Stadium, and right on a tram stop which includes the free City Circle tram which will take you close to just about everywhere in downtown Melbourne.
Coles supermarket/Liquorland are 4 blocks away and on a tram stop.
Our room was clean, well-equipped and well-maintained. Just a pity about the view and the wifi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year remodeled - 2008/9. Best Western Riverside Serviced Apartments are located in the CBD of Melbourne and offer two types of accommodations. Riverside annex apartments described as the annex rooms when booking are located on the corner of Flinders and Highlander Lane situated on the first, second and third floors, just near our reception in Highlander Lane. All apartments in this building are one bedroom. Both riverside and the annex rooms are conveniently located at the historic and entertainment end of the city, just minutes walk to crown casino, Melbourne exhibition and convention centers, aquarium, Southbank restaurants, observation deck and Etihad Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Riverside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Riverside Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Best Western Melbourne
- Best Western Hotel Melbourne