Have stayed at the Sebel previously so was familiar with the great service, great location, clean and spacious rooms but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and had been upgraded to the executive suite. As a couple with small kids who were entertaining another couple with small kids after a day out the extra room was perfect. The large bath in the huge bathroom was a winner with the kids, the kitchenette is well appointed and the Nespresso machine was a wonderful surprise as we had contemplated bringing our own machine for that "the kids woke too early, i need a coffee" coffee. While on this visit we only stayed overnight, would recommend a longer stay in any of the rooms (but especially the executive suite) so we could have utilised all the facilities and the great space so close to everything in the heart of Melbourne. Have read some of the negative comments about the Sebel and seems most relate to the fact its an unserviced apartment when people may be expecting hotel services. 24 hour front desk is very useful and onsite parking was handy (if not a bit pricey $35 a night).
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane was completely refurbished in September 2011, when it celebrated its 90th anniversary. The refurbishment design philosophy drew inspiration from the early "fashion house" days with a view of creating an expression of sophisticated elegance, through an individual design concept that would remain unique to The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane. The result has turned this "all suite" apartment building into a market leading boutique hotel. Presented is a contemporary range of sophisticated one bedroom suites that infuse modern design philosophies with the architectural and historical heritage of the building. Archival Melbourne scenes are displayed in the black and white artwork that adorn the corridors, evolving into a celebration of Melbourne’s modern icons throughout the suites. With the retention of the original detailed cornice and architraves, blended with contemporary designer furniture and fittings and modern state of the art appliances, the change is exceptional. The sophisticated colour palette is the key design element, from charcoal European bathroom tiles, contrasted by the white, chrome and glass designer fixtures to the use of dark veneers, stainless steel, leather and stone throughout the design.New Guest Features include Lounge 321 located on the ground floor of the hotel, which provides guests with complimentary internet access, newspapers, magazines, games, business and entertainment TV channels. The Courtyard is a European inspired inner city escape that provides guests with an intimate courtyard garden to share a drink with friends or to simply relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. While the days of fashion are well in the past at 321 Flinders Lane, those looking for a fashion experience will not be disappointed with The Sebel Melbourne’s Flinders Lane location. Ideally located between Elizabeth and Queen Street, it is in close proximity to Melbourne’s shopping, and entertainment district with the added benefit of having Melbourne’s famous cafe culture and the iconic Flinders Street Station right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.