This is the second time over the years we have stayed in these spacious, comfortable apartments and although they have been renovated since our first stay some time ago from a traditional decor to a more contemporary style, they are still very comfortable and with very tasteful and pleasant decor in black, silver and grey. As well as a front lounge where sometimes a fire was lit in late afternoon/early evening, there is another room at the back with lounge/bar with a coffee/tea serve-yourself machine for use during the day. In the evening we found it unable to be used as it needed to be emptied and replenished. The lounge chairs were very comfy there and daily newspapers were supplied. The position in Flinders Lane is perfect for exploring the city. As were were on the top (10th) floor, though it only had a view of office buildings on Flinders Lane, it was so very quiet. We would always stay here if we could get availability.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane was completely refurbished in September 2011, when it celebrated its 90th anniversary. The refurbishment design philosophy drew inspiration from the early "fashion house" days with a view of creating an expression of sophisticated elegance, through an individual design concept that would remain unique to The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane. The result has turned this "all suite" apartment building into a market leading boutique hotel. Presented is a contemporary range of sophisticated one bedroom suites that infuse modern design philosophies with the architectural and historical heritage of the building. Archival Melbourne scenes are displayed in the black and white artwork that adorn the corridors, evolving into a celebration of Melbourne’s modern icons throughout the suites. With the retention of the original detailed cornice and architraves, blended with contemporary designer furniture and fittings and modern state of the art appliances, the change is exceptional. The sophisticated colour palette is the key design element, from charcoal European bathroom tiles, contrasted by the white, chrome and glass designer fixtures to the use of dark veneers, stainless steel, leather and stone throughout the design.New Guest Features include Lounge 321 located on the ground floor of the hotel, which provides guests with complimentary internet access, newspapers, magazines, games, business and entertainment TV channels. The Courtyard is a European inspired inner city escape that provides guests with an intimate courtyard garden to share a drink with friends or to simply relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. While the days of fashion are well in the past at 321 Flinders Lane, those looking for a fashion experience will not be disappointed with The Sebel Melbourne’s Flinders Lane location. Ideally located between Elizabeth and Queen Street, it is in close proximity to Melbourne’s shopping, and entertainment district with the added benefit of having Melbourne’s famous cafe culture and the iconic Flinders Street Station right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Sebel Melbourne Flinders Lane Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.