Most impressed with our stay and so sorry we could only obtain 2 days. Our one bedroom apartment was superbly appointed, very comfortable and so roomy. We overlooked a small courtyard area which we liked instead of the more busy Flinders Lane and was much more private
The apartment was decorated in an ultra modern dark grey/black/silver theme, had a great kitchen, large living area and a good bathroom with a top shower which my husband felt was one of the best he had experienced in a hotel. He didn't like the colour theme as much as I did but while he is conservative agreed it was very striking.
Staff here are exceptionally friendly, they could give other hotels a lesson on how to treat customers, always so pleasant to us both on leaving each day and arriving back, went out of their way to help us with directions while we were chasing up medical stuff plus phoning for the Airbus for our departure.
The Grand Mercure apartments are located so close to transport, Flinders Street Station just down the road. Trams and buses galore, the free tram just a few minutes’ walk and for us such an easy walk to the art gallery’s – the National Gallery (has to be the best in Australia) plus the Ian Potter. Many restaurants in walking distance plus a Coles just around the corner make it easy for catering or eating out.
Only negative was our mobile phone reception, wasn't brilliant but found the same thing in our previous hotel in Melbourne so not sure of the reason.
Loved our stay and hope to return later this year!!!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Melbourne was completely refurbished in September 2011, when it celebrated its 90th anniversary. The refurbishment design philosophy drew inspiration from the early "fashion house" days with a view of creating an expression of sophisticated elegance, through an individual design concept that would remain unique to Grand Mercure Melbourne. The result has turned this "all suite" apartment building into a market leading boutique hotel. Presented is a contemporary range of sophisticated one bedroom suites that infuse modern design philosophies with the architectural and historical heritage of the building. Archival Melbourne scenes are displayed in the black and white artwork that adorn the corridors, evolving into a celebration of Melbourne’s modern icons throughout the suites. With the retention of the original detailed cornice and architraves, blended with contemporary designer furniture and fittings and modern state of the art appliances, the change is exceptional. The sophisticated colour palette is the key design element, from charcoal European bathroom tiles, contrasted by the white, chrome and glass designer fixtures to the use of dark veneers, stainless steel, leather and stone throughout the design.New Guest Features include Lounge 321 located on the ground floor of the hotel, which provides guests with complimentary internet access, newspapers, magazines, games, business and entertainment TV channels. The Courtyard is a European inspired inner city escape that provides guests with an intimate courtyard garden to share a drink with friends or to simply relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. While the days of fashion are well in the past at 321 Flinders Lane, those looking for a fashion experience will not be disappointed with the Grand Mercure Melbourne’s Flinders Lane location. Ideally located between Elizabeth and Queen Street, it is in close proximity to Melbourne’s shopping, and entertainment district with the added benefit of having Melbourne’s famous cafe culture and the iconic Flinders Street Station right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Mercure Melbourne Flinders Lane Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.