I booked this hotel because of two previous happy stays at the Grand Chancellor in Brisbane. After reading some of the TA reviews, I did wonder if I hadn't made a mistake this time! But our fears were unrealised. Check-in was friendly and efficient, and most of the staff were excellent. Our room was on the 9th floor (902) and I was surprised to find a king bed rather than the double that had been booked. There was a door opening onto a small bacony which did, unfortunately, directly face a brown and unappealing wall of the building next door; but did also afford a bit of a glimpse of the beautiful stone Wesley church across the road. The room next door (901) did have a larger balcony and probably a more direct view. There was virtually no road noise in this room, and although the airconditioning unit did quietly hum it was not intrusive. As another guest has noted, there is a bit of a gap around the door to the corridor and if you are like me and like a dark room, too much light comes in when trying to sleep. However, this was fixed with well-placed towels & the ironing board! The curtains blocked out light from the windows very well and we managed to have a sleep in both mornings. This is an older hotel but the room was spacious, clean and stocked with the little bits and pieces you would expect in a 4 star. Breakfast had variety, was well presented and was replenished promptly. We paid $132 night incl. breakfast each morning and a late check-out of 12 noon, with secure luggage storage for a later departure. Internet was extra, but with a internet room 3 doors down it was too easy to go there. All in all this hotel ticked the boxes I needed, and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel