A hotel that has been around for quite a while but the rooms, especially the bathrooms, have been updated to good standard. OK it's not your top class place but definitely good value for money. I've stayed in a side room which is a reasonable size but a very small balcony and in an end room which has a larger balcony but smaller room. For a business trip it suits me fine. The air conditioning can be adjusted to suit but the extract system is a bit noisy to the extent that you need to close the bathroom door to reduce it to a reasonable sound level. They have new bar fridges in some rooms, the type with the glass front door and which is obtrusive with the light on at night. I covered mine up and I noted that housekeeping had turned the light off the next day. A good sign of attentive service I think. The beds are double size rather than the normal queen size which could be a bit cozy for couples used to the roomier size. The restaurant is good with a limited but very good food. The breakfasts are good with a wide selection but the eggs can be cold if there is a small turnaround I find. The staff are very friendly, attentive and helpful in every respect. For a business trip, centrally placed, reasonably priced hotel in Melboirne it gets my vote. I have and will continue to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel