After the usual searches for best value, central position, ticking all the boxes, reading reviews, Grand Chancellor Melbourne stood out. I was a little concerned about some reviews claiming that it was a tired hotel, in need of improvements but value for money won the day.
I was reminded tha I had stay there before and recalled the limited view but also recalled the spacious room. For an overnight stay the view is not an issue. However this booking was to be celebrating a special occasion so I lashed out and booked a Superior Room. The addition cost still rated as good vale in comparison to other CBD hotels. This booking guaranteed full Lonsdale View... which was wonderful and exciting. The room was a good size with comfortable furniture. The bathroom featured a spa (a little small & not all jets worked) and great shower...Supporting a handheld shower head & a huge Rain shower head which was a treat.
The bonus for me was the heated roof swimming pool. An absolute treat. After a late dinner we decided to check out the pool. It was so tempting with the wonderful city views and the warmth of the pool that we dashed back to our room to change into our swimmer. ( the room supplied cosy robes)
The breakfast was average, there were long delays by the 3 x toaster, this caused guest unnessary delays, also burnt smell of toast. When it was finallly my turrn, i had to stop a young lady from using her fork to retrieve her toast!!!! It surprised me that they did not have a commercial toaster machine that rolls out your toast. Also the coffee machine had delays... Sometime the percollated coffee is fine in a morning rush. I would have like to see the food, drinks, condiments labelled. Limited choice of hot food... a personal favorite on a special weekend for me would of been some hash browns / potatoes...none to be seen...(certainly not a show stopper)
To finish off...we found the staff friendly and very helpful.
Overall a lovely weekend a vey good hotel...great value for a CBD stay,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Traditional 17-story Hotel in city center, near theaters, shopping & Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Chancellor Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Grand Chancellor Hotel