“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Eden

You added Bayview Eden to your Saves list
Bayview Eden
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Queens Rd, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly Eden on the Park)   |
Ranked #103 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My visit with the Bayview Eden was a snap decision as a result of an emergency trip to Melbourne. I found the reception eclectic with what I would call a tone of baroque frieze. Quite enchanting. The restaurant had a Grecian feel and was well laid out. My room was comfortable and possessed all the usual facilities. Interestingly, I hung my bath towel to reuse in line with a "green" note in the bathroom and found all bathroom linen replaced. A nice touch, but perhaps staff might be trained to take note. Certainly not detrimental to my stay by any means. Parking as a guest was included which I found refreshing. The hotel is well located on a major road. I'd certainly consider the Bayview Eden as a future option.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel should be better than it is. It is tired and my room did not feel properly clean, although I think it was. The breakfast was great but the biggest issue was getting a taxi. Three times I ordered taxis and they never turned up. I have never had that problem anywhere else in Melbourne hotels. It was so frustrating. Was not there for a major event and this was on 3 different days so completely put me off staying there again. Is a bit out of the way for off-site options as no restaurant/shops/convenience store close by unless you walk up to St Kilda Road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I needed a place to stay for one night as i am travelling through to tasmania. I called the hotel 4 weeks before i was due to stay in Melbourne as i had a few requests that needed to be catered to.

I arrived at the hotel at around 5pm after driving from sydney all day and being tired.

The check in staff were very efficient and had organized everything that i had requested from 4 weeks earlier which was a huge relief.

being tired and hungry and put my luggage in my room and went to the lobby bar for a drink and bite to eat.

Catherine the bar tender absolutely outstanding, greeted me with a smile and offered very friendly conversation and made me feel comfortable immediately, The food was just not from the best restaurant in Melbourne but was exactly what i needed and the flavours outstanding.

My sleep was probably the best i have ever had in a hotel due to the comfortable beds.

i organized a late checkout and parking on site for which Hobin Lee helped me from 4 weeks earlier when i enquired and booked.

I work in hospitality as a consultant and this hotel ticks the boxes. It might not be the grandest of Hotels however the service levels here will make me return in a heart beat over other fancier hotels which need training in service.

A big thank you to Catherine (bartender) and Hobin( Duty Manager) for making my stay as enjoyable and seamless as possible.

Regards

Josh

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

its a great place to stay, have stayed here over 5 times now and ya dont go back if ya not happy, its not the newest or flashiest place around but its allways been clean and comfy when we have stayed and never had a problem. charged for carparking for the first time which surprised me as never paid it before but it was only $10 so not really an issue. we have had room service and ate in the restaurant and have enjoyed both. staff have allways been polite and presentable. happily stay again...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Good size rooms - excellent value for family/friends. Pool area children friendly. Restaurant and bar reasonable value. Room door cards system needs checking as some door batteries not working but management quickly organised maintenance tochange ours.

• Stayed November 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The photos that I have on my phone prove that this hotel is not what it says on there website. Totally miss leaded us. Shocking customer service I could go on for hours. Very disappointed and for $175 a night for a dirty unclean queen standard room is rotten. Way over priced. The shower omg don't get me started! When you stay at a hotel you want a hot pumping warm shower..NOO not here only a trickle with the hot water lasting 2-3mins max! :(( I am telling you this as I am shocked in how me and my parent have been treated. I'm not racist but Asians treat there own better here in our country it's overwhelming :( please just think twice before you stay here. From Aussie L.L <3

• Stayed December 2013
Cairns Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had 5 nights in Melbourne for a conference held at this hotel and for convenience decided to stay in house. Check in was easy and fast and the staff very helpful. Most of the rooms have a partial view of the park with a few having direct views from the front of the property. The building wraps a heritage building which seems to be in the process of internal restoration. While the rooms are not opulent they are certainly serviceable and comfortable with enough space. I found the room I had to be comfortable and quiet - certainly no complaints there. There is an in-house restaurant and bar which also has a reasonable size and value bar menu. I did not investigate the options nearby - largely due to laziness and lack of need. The hotel is a comfortable and easy walk from the city center - time would depend on your walking speed and route. There is a nice view from the gym upstairs which also has a spa and sauna but while functional the weight gear is a little past it's best condition. The concierge (Denis) is very helpful if you have questions or would like to book day tours. Would I stay here again ? If I had business in the city - yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view - see what happens.