“No complaints” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Eden

Save Saved
You added Bayview Eden to your Saves list
Bayview Eden
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Queens Rd, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly Eden on the Park)   |
Ranked #95 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“No complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Close enough to the city to walk, or an easy tram ride. All the staff were helpful. Nothing wrong with or spectacular about the rooms. Only down side was the walls were a bit thin so no sleeping in if the people next door wake up early. I'd stay again if nothing in town was available

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here as an overnighter prior to a cross country car trip. My brother was staying nearby hence the choice of location. Arriving late on a Tuesday night the lobby was quiet. Impressions were of a nice enough looking reception area with an adjacent bar and dining area. Check-in was very quick (pre-booked) and the lady behind the counter friendly. There was a concierge nearby but not required.

Our room was 513 (5th floor). The lifts were fairly ordinary in appearance and it was beginning to make sense why the special rate was so special. This impression did not change when viewing the 5th floor hallway, which appeared quite grubby (wall scuffs etc). However upon entering the room this impression improved as the room was very presentable, with a queen and single. Our view was of an office building next door but not too intrusive.

Upon learning of a top floor gymnasium I changed and ducked upstairs for a late night workout. The gym is accessed via the 7th floor stairwell (so presumably on the 8th). There were change rooms, a small pool/large spa, concept 2 rower, stair climber, two treadmills, an elliptical, a basic exercise bike, home gym and adjacent sauna. The main views are out to the same office building (but front corner) and overlooking Queens Road (next morning I learnt that Albert Park was to the left!). At 10:15pm there was no one there. The hours of operation are 5:30am to 11pm. On the opposite side of the main viewing window is a sliding door (where second treadmill and elliptical look out) which opens to a large outdoor deck which appears to be a smoking area. This had nice views of Albert Park. Using the treadmill I wondered whether there was any noise to the rooms below (which from memory would be 703 and possibly 705 or other low 700's) as I had experienced this at Mantra Tullamarine. For those that prefer outdoor running Albert Park was right over the (very busy) road - there are nearby lights for crossing.

Back to the room. The bathroom was spacious enough (another poster claimed they were small) and whilst somewhat dated seemed to have everything in working order and clean.

The bed was ok in terms of comfort. Nothing I would rave about but conversely no real complaints. Pillow was quite firm whereas my preference is for a softer feel. The television was sizeable enough and appeared to have the usual array of tv stations, pay per view movies etc. There was internet access but it appeared to be at a cost so I did not use ( I think these days all hotels in big cities should be providing this as a complimentary service - but perhaps cheaper hotels get a pass). Other than tea / coffee we did not use anything else (or look for it) so cannot comment on their functionality / presence. There was no noticeable noise from adjacent rooms nor the hallway, though again I think rooms ending around 04-05 could be close to the elevator lobbies on each floor - check with hotel if this is a usual concern.

We did not use the restaurant so cannot comment on meal pricing / range. There was underground parking - accessed from small road to the rear. We headed off early the next morning so did not look around. I cannot comment on nearby restaurants, shops etc other than Albert Park being over the road.

Overall impressions were of an ok hotel, pretty basic, but comfortable. Looking a little worse for wear in parts but generally ticking the boxes. When the price was taken into consideration we were happy. If I needed to stay in this general area again I would definitely consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with low numbers on the 7th floor may get noise from the gym / spa above. Rooms ending in numb...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed review.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your brief stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My room was 307 5 to 7 August booked for a good price 2 nights and extended o e night, very good price for the comfortable room and service. Very clean, very good size room with nice decoration, the bed was really comfortable one of the best pillows I had, good bathroom size with power shower no to many Chanel's on tv as a usual in hotels, friendly staffs, businesses centre with printer and Internet a available 24 hours, good breakfast included in the price, nice bar and good food,very good location south bank close to the city and posh area, lost my card at last day was later to the airport and the hotel offered my a drive to leave me at the bank door, the only think to be improved a bit is more shower gel and shampoo, maybe brush teeth or some cotton. The rest was perfect!!! If I back to Melbourne some day I will stay there for sure and recommend for everyone asked

• Stayed August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to assist you with locating and driving you to a bank on the way back to the airport.

For future stays please do not hesitate to contact our 24 hour Reception Desk if you require any additional amenities as we do offer toothbrushes and toothpaste when requested.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the Superior Queen Room and we both weren't too impressed. It looked much nicer in the photos which had a view of the city. When we walked in, the room was plain and the furniture was dated. Our view was a roof top and the bathroom was so small. We could barely fit 2 people in it. And they didn't supply toothpaste, cotton balls, cotton tips or tooth brushes. The spa on the rooftop was in an awkward location and was cold! Our wifi didn't connect. The Tv had horrible reception. However, the staff were friendly, and the reception area was very presentable. No major concerns with the cleanliness. The Billiards room was really nice! I don't recommend it for a romantic night away, but I think it's nice if you need a place to stay if you're in the city and need something that's not too expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your review.

Please note all our amenities including toothbrushes, toothpaste, sewing kits and vanity kits are available upon request at reception or via our housekeeping department.

On your next visit, if you experience any trouble connecting to our wifi, please do not hesitate to contact our 24 hour reception as we have a dedicated internet support team available to assist with connection troubles to ensure all guests connect.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Booked in on Friday 2nd August for 3 nights. The hotel is located just a short tram ride from Melbourne CBD. It's on a very busy road, but good insulation in the room meant that the road noise was not a problem. The hotel staff were cheery, helpful and very polite. On arrival in the room, first impressions were that the room was large, light and airy. There was plenty of room to spread out and relax. The bed was King size and comfortable with extra pillows provided. The courtesy fridge was well stocked with a varied list, but as usual we made no use of it, preferring to buy our own snacks at a very reduced price from the shops in the city. The bathrooom was clean, but a bit dated. The TV was very old, outdated and I believe still had valves. The remote control did not work and I had to call room service to fix, which was achieved in a very short time. Outside the Hotel, access to the CBD is very easy. The tram runs along St Kilda Road just about a 2 minute walk from the front door of the Hotel, and trams run about every 5 minutes. One suggestion, there is a small convenience store on St Kilda Road which sells Public Transport tickets called MYKI. Get some. The use of these plastic credit card size tickets is essential and very easy when using public transport. And, Melbourne is one of the easiest cities in the world to use public transport. We did not eat in the hotel, preferring to use some of the many restaurants in the city. However, we had breakfast in the hotel dining room on the day of our departure and wish we had not. The meal was average. The coffee was luke warm and weak and the hot food bar was not worth the effort. The bread was stale and the fruit juice was also not the freshest. Based on our experience, I would recommend eating out. Having said this however, we did not eat any other meals in the Hotel, so I am not qualified to comment on lunches and dinners.
One extra point I will make is that the sauna is excellent. A touch small, bit well heated and effective.
All in all, I do recommend a stay at this hotel for the location, comfort and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your detailed review.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note, I have forwarded your review onto the relevant departments for further discussions.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times and it has always impressed. It has a consistent warm welcome feel to it and feels like home away from home. When I travel for work and visit Melbourne this is my number 1 choice....

Room Tip: Corner room on the front overlooking park.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your feedback.

It is always a pleasure to read about our loyal customers enjoying the services we provide. We always strive to make our guests feel like their stay is a home away from home and it is great to see that you agree.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This little boutique hotel was just what I needed. Nothing over the top, but what it did it did well. Clean quiet room with comfortable bed, underground parking, and while the decor was a little dated it does not need refreshing. And good value. Happy happy happy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for great feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Russell

Been to Bayview Eden? Share your experiences!