“Great for the business traveller” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Eden

Save Saved
You added Bayview Eden to your Saves list
Bayview Eden
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Queens Rd, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly Eden on the Park)   |
Ranked #91 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great for the business traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here recently for one night and found it to be very good for a business trip. It is close to the freeway and access to the St Kilda and city areas and right opposite Albert Park for a nice walk after the plane.

I did this on an exceptionally good deal through Travelzoo where it was A$119 for Room, Breakfast and Parking.

Queens Road is busy but I found the double glazing to be adequate, unlike other hotels on this street.

Parking is via a different entrance so I suggest parking your car first and come up in the lift. The carpark is on Queens Way, directly behind the Queens Road Entrance and is well signposted.

Room contained a good variety of TV channels and everything I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

Definitely recommended for a business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. Your kind review has been forwarded to all the staff her for their congratulations.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne for your next Business trip in Melbourne.

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was neat, spacious and clean. Didn't use room service or dine in the restaurant. As we were only there overnight didn't use the gym, spa or pool areas. the reception area was welcoming and had a nice waiting lounge and bar.The superior room on the 6th floor had a magnificent view of the bay, lake, golf course and gardens! Great place to be for the Grand Prix!!

Room Tip: 6th Floor Superior room looking out onto Albert Park Lake! Magnificent view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the magnificent view overlooking Albert Park Lake.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next visit to Melbourne.

Wangaratta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Bayview, chosen for it's position on Albert Park Lake as well as near my head office on St Kilda Road. My room was quite roomy and almost clean (table with cup ring marks could have done with a good wipe). Bathroom clean however I am not into shower over bath with shower curtain. The wardrobe had had a door removed and the mini bar put in the space. I went to reception at about 6am to leave my room key whilst I went for a run but no one was there. I place my room card on the reception desk where it remained until I returned - still no one about. The Eden really needs a revamp. I would consider this property to more a 3 star than a 4.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your review onto the relevant Department Managers for further discussions and to take the appropriate action.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next business trip to Melbourne.

Russell.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

excellent stay, though some problem with the communication. i was staying for 3 nights and I did tell them a the time of checking in but the message was never passed on to the next shift staff.
its was okay value for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

I have brought your comments to the attention of the staff to limit this happening in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room and bathroom were clean and tidy and air-conditioned, the curtains blacked out even strong sunlight, however pre-used shampoo was a turn-off and the view from the 3rd floor required ignoring the ugly rooftops to see the golf course and surrounds. The service was very good with only a couple of isolated disappointments. The very small gym included some items out of order and evident rust, but the swimming pool was a good size for lap swimming and well maintained, as was the changing room. There were many available lounge areas; incidentally, wi-fi was advertised as being available in these public areas, but was sporadic to non-existent. The range for breakfast was adequate but nothing special and dinner was high quality. All up, a clean and tidy establishment, but lacking finesse.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you need to be higher than 3rd floor and on the West side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your review onto our Housekeeping and Internet Support Departments to ensure the points you have raised are looked into and rectified.

I was pleased to read that the service you experienced was very good.

Wodonga, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our room, 429 was clean, didn't smell, had air conditioning, a comfy queen bed and an adequate view.
We got an online deal for $120 through hotels.com, the cheapest hotel room that close to the city, with 3+ stars on the date we needed.
Upon check-in, (early 1pm) the polite desk clerk offered no advice or information. In the deal we were supposed to get breakfast and free parking. We weren't told about anything, he just handed over the room key and waved us on our way. There were no other customers in the lobby, so it wasn't particularly busy. We knew there was a pool in the hotel from the website, but couldn't find where it was, it was not included in the room information folder nor noted in the elevator. We couldn't find a sign anywhere.
We could have asked, but it wasn't a priority for us. The room was outdated, but that wasn't a priority for us. Some people might be concerned by the following: The carpet was stained, but vacuumed. The TV was slow and outdated. The bathroom fixtures, tiles and shower curtain looked 20 years old.
The towels were clean, but well worn. There was ample storage/cupboard space, probably more than needed. The blackout curtains were effective.
A huge plus was that noise was not a problem.

We read that check out is 12, but had room service knocking on the door to ask if we were checking out at 10. They were very polite though.
Parking was free, although signs and the info folder said $10 per day, we weren't charged and no-one manned the boom gate, parking spaces were very small tight spaces, entry is from the rear lane with no space to park and check in at the front.
The bar fridge was stocked, but with room to put other things.
The view was adequate, not nasty but nothing too awesome, a partial view of the golf course across the road and of a building next door. No big deal for us. The view is probably better on higher more expensive floors.
The hotel was walking distance to food choices, including Mcdonalds, 7/11, Chinese restaurant, a pub style cafe, and two modern looking bar/restaurants (not for children) plus the hotel has a cafe and restaurant.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. $120 = bargain = adequate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us.

Please note your comments have been forwarded onto the relevant Department Managers for further discussions and to take the appropriate action.

I hope you choose to stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next visit to Melbourne.

brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My faince and I travelled to Melbourne for his 30th Birthday. We booked online and got a really good deal on hotels.com - i think it was about $300 for three nights.
We arrived in Melbourne at 1am, we had let the hotel know this and they assured us it would not be a problem. The conscierge was lovely and got our keys organised, gave us a run down on the operations of the hotel and explained how the public transport worked and even sold us our bus tickets for all three days we were there.

The only negative was the room itself. While clean and basic, there was NO water pressure (which drives me nuts!) and the shower curtain plastered itself to my side whenever I went into the bathroom. Also the vent in the room rattled something chronic. No sleep the first night. We asked the manager on duty the following morning to have someone sheck it and he was so unimpressed that we made him get out of his chair. The problem was never fixed.
Also on returning from our day trips around the city, we would find our heater had been turned off in our room. Melbourne in Winter, the temp hovered around 5 degrees.

Otherwise it was a pleasant stay, close to the city and the casino and the staff (excluding the day manager) were so lovely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I have forwarded your comments onto the relevant Department Managers for further discussions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next visit.

Russell

Been to Bayview Eden? Share your experiences!