This Hotel is great - no problems here. Stayed 4 nights at this hotel last week. Stayed in a one bedroom spa room - fantastic. Room was a corner suite on the 9th floor and had a magnificent view of the city. Room had full kitchen with full sized fridge, large dining room with table for 6, large lounge with two sofas and two chairs, large bedroom and a great bathroom and spa. We met friends who lived in Melbourne and they came to stay at another apartment hotel and they said that the entrance passage and foyer in our room was larger than their whole room (joke but that was how large this room was). The staff at check in were polite and helpful and gave us hints on what to do and where to go. The food at the hotel had a limited range but was adequate and ample - we had room service twice and ate at the restaurant once. The hotel is well located - easy walk to shopping and to the free tram and bus stops.
CAB PROBLEM: The only problem we encounted was trying to get a cab for a short inner city run. The hotel staff rang for us and we waited and waited and were lucky that a cab dropped someone off and the driver agreed to take us on our short trip when I told him that our cab hadn't come. He said he knew that because he had heard the call and said cabs don't leave the rank on a quite night - they wait and know they will get a fare in 30 or 60 minutes and nobody roams the city taking short fares. This also happened to us in Perth where we waited 60 minutes for a cab for a ride from a car rental company to our hotel. THIS LACK OF SERVICE BY CABS IS NOT GOOD FOR TOURISM WHEREVER IT HAPPENS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Little Bourke Melbourne is truly Melbourne's best kept secret. Centrally located in Melbourne's CBD it allows guests quick, easy access to premium local attractions including boutique shopping, famous eat streets and a host of cultural experiences including the Melbourne Art gallery, Melbourne Museum and the landmark Federation Square. Offering a choice of spacious accommodation ranging from studio suites to two bedroom apartments, Mantra on Little Bourke boasts all the comforts of home including lounge and dining areas, kitchenettes, cable TV, in-house movies and air conditioning. Please note Mantra on Little Bourke has limited suites available with washing machines & dryers. Requests can be made at time of reservation, but cannot be guaranteed. Guests also benefit from a host of helpful hotel services such as 24 hour reception and room service, daily housekeeping, concierge assistance, valet service, undercover parking and more. Alibi Kitchen & Bar is located downstairs in Mantra on Little Bourke and offers exceptional food and service. Open seven days for breakfast and dinner and for lunch Monday to Friday. Corporate travellers will find Mantra on Little Bourke a comfortable and convenient base from which to conduct business. Universally famous for multicultural dining, vibrant night-life, boutique shopping and a thriving art culture, Melbourne is a popular destination, appealing to both business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Mantra on Little Bourke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Little Bourke Hotel Melbourne
- Mantra On Little Bourke Melbourne