“Fantastic Hotel. New, Clean, great staff, easy access” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

You added Pullman Melbourne Albert Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly The Sebel )   |
Ranked #45 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth
“Fantastic Hotel. New, Clean, great staff, easy access”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at The Pullman for 9 nights. From the moment we arrived we were helped into our room with a speedy earlŷ check in. Thanks to Stephen for the amazing service.
The rooms are 10/10 fully refurbished.
The downstairs bar is great for a relaxing drink. Great Coffee Bar also.
Easy access to the city via tram.
Lovely pool and great Gym equipment.
The Pullman ticked all the boxes. Thank you very much :)

Room Tip: The Pullman is amazing. Would definitely stay here again. Great value for money considering the qual...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for your lovely feedback, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park. I will be sure to share your feedback with Stephen and the rest of our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The new refurbishment of the Pullman is really nice. Staff are amazing. Great conference facilities too. We were there for business, but would be equally happy to stay there on pleasure. The quality of food in Windows Restaurant is excellent, although expected a bit more choice in the Breakfast buffet (for $31.50) although still very nice. All in all can highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I will be sure to pass your feedback onto my team. We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We booked three nights at The Pullman as a bit of a mid week get away. I didn't expect the room or the service to be any where near as good as it was.
We did pay well in advance so we secured a really good price, less than $200 per night, but at the last minute I needed to change the dates slightly and fully expected to be told that wasn't possible, but the staff were incredibly obliging and moved the dates for us, it was only one night later, but still, the original booking clearly stated that changes weren't allowed, so I was already impressed before we even arrived.
The room was huge and the bed was enormous, and really comfortable. There was a great view out over Albert Park Lake and to the bay, it was beautifully decorated and very impressive. The bathroom was a little disappointing, the bath was tiny and obviously had been refurbished rather than replaced, which would have made the room perfect in my opinion. There was ample room in the large bathroom for a two person tub. It is a minor thing however and didn't really distract from our overall enjoyment.
There is a delightful cafe area on the ground floor where you can purchase coffee and snacks up to 3PM. Being a bit of a coffee snob, I expected it to be average at best, but again, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was excellent. The staff at the cafe were also delightful.
The restaurant was also lovely, we had a delicious meal and the banana tarte tartin is not to be missed.
All in all the hotel is one I would be delighted to stay in again and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, the views are great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely feedback, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were accommodating with your requests. Once again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Well presented hotel foyer, but disappointing room considering it's rated 4 star. This was a late check in, overnighter, early check out deal for me. I could've paid just as much for a nicer room very close by. I'm thinking these rooms are in the "hard to sell" category.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
I would like to apologise for any short falls you experienced. These will be addressed with my team, and in turn we hope to rectify these issues.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel rates themselves as 5 star.
Glad I had voucher for discount, because if I paid full price, disappointed would not be the word I would use.

There is a stench in the air conditioning, like stale cigarette smoke... So the room, despite being non smoking, smelled.

Towels good.

Bed comfortable, room far from luxurious. Blanket in cupboard clean but with old, torn ribbon trim.

Spa in the exercise area fenced off and broken, and with hair and slime in the bottom so it looks like it has been broken for a while. Wish I knew when booking. Heated swimming pool cold.

Breakfast buffet just ok.

• Stayed October 2013
I would like to apologise for your recent experience at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park. This is not the service we strive to provide our guests. I will be sure to discuss these issues with my team.

A private message has been sent to you through Tripadvisor as I would like to discuss this matter with you further.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a recent business trip. Had a lovely room overlooking Albert Park. The room was perfect, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The hotel has been nicely refurbished and the customer service is top notch. Disappointed I couldn't stay longer and would definitely make this my base for future business trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Been to Pullman Melbourne Albert Park? Share your experiences!