“Great beds!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

You added Pullman Melbourne Albert Park to your Saves list
Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly The Sebel )   |
Ranked #48 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
australia
“Great beds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The week before I had booked my husband in for one night for a business meeting. He was in an older room then, and thought it was a good spot. We had friends in for the weekend, so we booked again and this time got a newly refurbished room on the 7th floor. Really lovely decor! Had just booked the standard queen room, but there were two queen beds in it, so it was quite roomy. Really great bed - hit the pillow and out! The shower has a large "rainshower" rose and that was a lovely treat! Though it's a little out of the CBD, the tram goes down St. Kilda Road and it's only steps to the hotel, so an easy location to get to. There's also an Expresso Bar Cafe where you could pick up a coffee and raisin toast or other lovely goodies in the morning for a quick breakfast. Very good value and nice rooms. Even though there was a large convention in the hotel, we didn't have any problems with noise. There was some work going on early and my husband told them that perhaps 7:45am on a Saturday morning was a bit early for banging. Otherwise, a quiet night.

Room Tip: Refurbished ones are lovely. Good internet hook-up there, too. Thoughtfully arranged.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the newly refurbished room. We are currently still going through the refurbishment process, so I apologise for any inconvenience caused in regards to the noise you experienced on the Saturday morning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently overnight, was great value for $99 night. We were upgraded to lake view, service was excellent. Hotel in a great spot, very convenient. Room was clean and spacious. Definitely go back!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you back at the hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights last week. We paid for an upgrade. The room was fabulous, a newly renovated level 7 room with spectacular views across Albert Park Lake to the bay. It was clean and the bed comfortable. It was very unfortunate that the door lock failed on the first day, and I was locked inside just as I had planned to walk around the lake. After my initial anxiety settled, I contacted reception and fortunately, maintenance arrived within 15 minutes, a very pleasant and apologetic man. It soon became evident that the entire lock had to be replaced. Rather than leave my room unattended and unlocked during this time, I forewent the walk and spent the afternoon in the room. No apology from management, however! The movie channels do not work, and we were advised that the whole network was down. Then there was the constant building noise. The builders started at 6.50 each morning and ended after 5.30 pm. Unfortunately our otherwise fabulous room was under their renovations. Hammering, scraping, drilling and constant footsteps on the unfinished floor above us. Although we brought this to management's attention, and they promised, daily, to go straight up to stop this noise ("They are not allowed to start before 10.30"), the noise continued and started anew each morning before 7 am. Not restful! and ineffective management? We would recommend avoiding this hotel if you want to sleep in beyond 6.50 am.

Room Tip: High level rooms on the side overlooking the lake have great views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused in regards to your room door not being able to lock as well as the movie system failing. The refurbishment noisy works should not have commenced that early, and I apologise for this.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here and was pleasantly surprised. Got given the newly refurbished Pullman room. The hotel is under renovations and refurbishment but it's unintrusive. The upper floors have glass windows to seperate out the atrium noise from the rooms. Walls a bit thin. I could here people talking from 12 rooms away from the lift the moment I got out the lift door-just watch what you say and it'll be alright.
Room was furnished to high standard and all very clean since it's new. Very convenient location. We usually stay in the CBD or along St Kilda Rd, so being right opposite albert park was a nice change. Breakfast was excellent- The three waiters/waitresses were highly efficient and courteous and the hostess was great. Food/spread also did not disappoint. Overall, a good stay. Good for both business stays and also for family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your feedback on the refurbished room, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our team in regards to the breakfast. I would like to apologise for the noise level you experienced, I hope this didn’t cause too much of an inconvenience.
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed in a Pullman room for two nights last week, attending a conference held at the hotel. The service staff were friendly and efficient. I was very pleased to be given a quiet room, as I had requested. Mine had two king beds, a desk and chair, and a lounge chair and table. The bed was comfortable with a lovely quilt and good pillows, and the airconditioning and mini fridge were quiet and worked perfectly. Although the room was one of the older unrenovated ones, and would have been one of the standard rooms, everything was very nice. The room service was prompt and the food perfectly cooked and excellent in quality and flavour. As I am a vegetarian, one day, I would like large hotels to serve vegetarian meals with tofu or legumes as the protein base, but having said that, they did serve a pizza plus a side order of green beans which were very good. As was the carrot and fresh ginger soup!
My breakfast at the restaurant was included in my package. There was quite a variety of hot food as well as cereals etc.
The conference facilities were also very good and the catering for the conference was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAP, General Manager at Pullman Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for the detailed feedback on your recent stay at the Pullman & Mercure Melbourne Albert Park. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your feedback on the food with our Director of Food and Beverage and will also pass on your suggestions for the vegetarian meals.

Once again thank you, and we hope to see you back at the hotel again in the near future.

Been to Pullman Melbourne Albert Park? Share your experiences!