“Tired but OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Tired but OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Bayview On The Park has several standars of room, the basic cheaper rooms are really tired and about 3 star and the Premier rooms 3.5 star but quite large. I find the hotel very easy and comfortable to stay in however the recent decision to charge for parking has taken away the main reson to pick this hotel ahead of the 10 others in the same vicinity.
Lisa on the front desk always provides warm friendly and excellent service - some of the other staff can be a bit cool.

Room Tip: Premier rooms on the top floors are better. Cheaper rooms always face the car park.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your review.

We appreicate you taking the time to comment.

We do understand your comment regards carparking, but we have attempted to keep it as low as possible at only $10 per day.

I will pass on a copy of this to Lisa .

I do hope that we will see you on your next visit.

KInd regards
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Broadbeach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

On arrival, I was not happy with my room and the lovely young lady on the reception named Lisa changed this room immediately for me.
The second room was excellent and I enjoyed my stay with comfort and appreciation.
Staff like Lisa who accomodate their guests preferences, are to be commended and hopefully truly valued by their organisation and employer.
Good service is so hard to find today.

Room Tip: Do not choose the second floor, smelly rooms and old stale scent in hallway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thankyou for your kind comments and I will pass on a copy to Lisa

We try to instill in all our staff that service isa priority and I am happy to hear that Lisa exceeded this.

We will hopefully be able to assist you on your next visit.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and whilst it is getting a little older now - it still represents good value for money - watch the specials. The rooms are quite large and include a couple of comfy armchairs (raised one step) so quite a feeling of spaciousness. I stayed in a non-roadside room this time - so no view - only highrise and car parks but when you check in if you can have a roadside room - your views are quite spectacular over Albert Park lake and if you are high enough over the Bay.
We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was quite good - prices average.
I did arrive back at my room late one nite and not having eaten, tried to order room service but the kitchen was closed for maintenance. Im not sure how often this happens but it was a little annoying that they couldn't even make me a sandwich.
Certainly the property is in need of a refurb - but i dont expect you would get it for the price - it is clean, it is handy and (for the extra cost of $10) you can park - so not much more i need with a city property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road have a lovely view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review.

We appreicate your comments and understand the importance of reasonable price rooms in a city such as Melbourne.

I apologise for the inconvenience of the kitchen not operating that evening, this is a rare occurance as on this occassion they deep cleaned all the kitchen area.

I will pass on your comments to each of the departments and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in melbourne

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found a really good deal and decided to stay here instead of in the CBD. parking was just ten dollars per night, which was great, however, rooms were a little old, and corridors smelled like grandmas old cupboard. We booked for two adults and a child, and although there were enough beds, there was never enough towels, which was annoying. Location was ok, but on a busy road which was noisy at times. Rooms were simple, but clean and roomy enough for three. Shower was very inconsistent and way too small. Ok if you are not spending much time at the motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

We appreciate all comments as this assists us with giving the guest what he requires.

I will pass on your comments to our Executive Housekeeper in reference to the number of towels being supplied to guests with families.
I will also advise our General Manager with regard to your overall impression of the hotel.

I do hope we will see you return in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Everything is fine, the only thing is the nearest chinese cuisine restaurant is 1.5 KM away. And the receptionist that served me when I was checking-in charged the room charges to my Credit Card. Infact, all charges has been covered by my Company. Then, when I asked another night-shift receptionist on other day, without checking in their system, she said the charges will auto refund back to my Credit Card account after I checked out. Endup I asked another morning-shift receptionist. He checked that they have actually double charged the room charges (To the company and to my Credit Card), and he did the refund process back to my credit card.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response in tripadvisor.

I will follow up to ensure all receptionist are following the correct proceedure please accept our aplogises for the error on your credit card. I am pleased however that it was corrected promptly.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall, can't really fault the hotel, but it wasn't anything special. While the lobby looked nice, the rooms were completely outdated. Old furnishings, decorations, etc. The "hair dryer" was one of those old things that attach to the wall with just a hose coming out. Needless to say it took forever to dry my hair. The gym also needs some updating. Very old equipment.
On the plus side, it is in a great location and is fairly quiet. Super easy to catch trams into the city. We were there on AFL GF weekend, and our room was directly across from the lifts and right above the front door, but we didn't hear anything!
Be aware the beds are really hard and the pillows really flat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bayview On The ... M, Front Office Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I do hope your AFL team won.

I will pass a copy onto our General Manager and Executive Housekeeper in relation to the room i.e. pillows, bed etc

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Melbourne.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Pretty disappointed with the service, I booked a shuttle and was running late to get back to the hotel to catch it. I called the hotel twice to let them know and they said it was fine. Got to the hotel a couple minutes before it was meant to leave and they told me it had already left. The staff member told me they tried to call me but called my international number instead of my aus numbet despite giving them my aus number which they had called earlier on in the day. Place was tired but it was cheap and close to public transport.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately we can not hold up the shuttle service as it is not one that is operated by the hotel but I will speak to both the front office staff and porters in reference to your comments.

Front Office Manager

Been to Bayview on the Park? Share your experiences!