“Need refurbish” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Beersheba, Israel
“Need refurbish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

Hotel room is very simple.
Enjoying that charge huge amount for wi Fi Internet .
Shower is old and sink is low.
OK hotel no more

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

The service I've received was poor.

I asked for toothpaste from reception when i arrived and after waited for half an hour, I phoned again and they said they'd run out and they may have stock the next day. Two minutes later, they phoned my room and said they may not have restocked the next day, they told me the nearest store is 10 mins walk away, there's no way I will walk there on my own at 1:30am. I said I'm going to compliant about this as this is basic service from a hotel, and guess what? A minute later they phone my room again and said they have it and sent it to my room.

For breakfast, I was waiting to be seated but their credit card machine wasn't working so I was stuck for 5 minutes with two waiters walking passed me twice and no one lead me to a table. When I was finally served by the staff at the desk, they didn't have my room number on the list and they have to checked on the computer to confirm my package include breakfast! It's self help service but waiters suppose to serve tea or coffee but no one served me, I have to ask one of the waiter for a cup of tea! I must stress that the other customers don't seem to have the problem getting seated and served so I have no idea what was going on! I wasnt scruffy and didn't bring mud into the reataurant! I don't deserve this kind of treatment.

My room was facing the car park so I had to shut my curtain all the time. No wifi and there was no save in the room so a no for business travellers.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't check in until 3pm. Arrive to find that the premier room is small, outdated and well below the standard of a normal room. Tv would not work properly and they were unable to fix. Bathroom was not cleaned properly with visible stains on toilet seat. Overall totally disgusted with the experience and wrecked our night away. Would recommend people to stay well away.

• Stayed February 2012
Suzanne C, General Manager at Bayview on the Park, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Bayview On The Park Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. All feedback, both positive and negative is important to us and we do take it seriously.

We have given careful thought to you comments and taken the neccessary action with our housekeeping cleaning staff/maintenence staff in regard to your comments on cleaning standards and the TV.

With our check in time, our published check in time is 3pm as is with most hotels who maintain a check in time between 2-3pm. If there is a clean vacant room available, we are very happy to oblige with earlier check in and do not wait till 3pm to start check in. However, when we are busy/house full we naturally have no vacant rooms from the previous night that are ready to allocate for an early check in request and have to wait for guests to start checking out at 11am before we have access to clean the rooms for the next lot of guests checking in. However, we are happy to store your luggage while you browse Melbourne city or attend to other matters.

If we did have a room ready on the day we would have been happy to provide you with as early a check in as posiible! Please be assured of this.

My sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

S.Brown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here twice now and would not hesitate to go back. The rooms were clean large and comfortable, the staff were cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was great value and a good variety to choose from. The place is a bit older and the car parking is average but included. All in all great value for money The only thing they can't help with is that Melbourne weather.

• Stayed January 2012
Lakes Entrance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is close to city and well appointed, plenty of packages available to suit all, Premier + breakfast is great value and with free parking makes it really worth while. Cheaper to stay here and get a cab to city and back than to park in city. Some beaut views from some rooms over the park and bay. Buffet breakfast is more than most will need. Wide ranging menu and good room service all at reasonable tariff for those who want to catch up on paper work. Also a goo spot when staying over after a game at the MCG or AAMI park etc. It is on my regular list.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel and ask for a package deal
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Do not stay here. The hotel hasn't been upgraded since it was built in 1997, there was dust all over our room. The toilet seat looked like it had been burnt or acid was spilt on it.

They say theyhave views of the golf course...it's hardly visible between tress a road and a barb wire fence line. The "floor to ceiling windows" haven't been cleaned...dirty water marks all across it.

And here's the kicker:

When I booked I stayed for 2 nights and I booked over the phone for 1 breakfast for 2 on the saturday morning.

When I checked in I asked if the included breakfast on the saturday morning could be moved to the friday morning and the check in lady said yes that is no problem.

The breakfast was average at best...the eggs were runny but I had already paid for it so whatever.

When I went to check out I was told I had a $44 breakfast bill outstanding. I told him that is included in the booking price and the manager refused to listen to what I had to say. He was rude and impolite and unreasonable. I kept telling him that his own staff had told me I had breakfast included but he refused to listen. I was forced to play $44 for an average breakfast.

Enter at your own risk.

Room Tip: What does it matter whenall the windows are dirty.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Bayview On The Park Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I do apologise for the mis-communication on your request to switch your breakfast from Saturday to Friday. We take pride in providing flexibility and friendly service and it would appear that we did not live up to that expectation on this visit of yours.

Should you be in Melbourne sometime in the future, I would request you to give us a second chance and as a token gesture for the inconvenience I would like to offer you two full buffet breakfasts with our compliments in the Sails Brasserie restaurant.

My apologies once again and if I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

S. Brown
General manager

Been to Bayview on the Park? Share your experiences!