“Excellent Location, Value for Money and Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Welcome Melbourne

You added Mercure Welcome Melbourne to your Saves list
Mercure Welcome Melbourne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   265 - 281 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #101 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Location, Value for Money and Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

, I was delayed getting there because of the bush fires and because of a stuff up between myself and Agoda I arrived a day late and had no booking and had to settle for a room with two single beds.. Not to worry thanks to Hakeem and Nikita it was solved within minutes giving me a great rate, transfer to a King room, free breakfast for the next three days. The rest of the staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and in the evening the bar was a relaxing place to unwind.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Erdi G, Manager at Mercure Welcome Melbourne, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Gillosan,

Thank you for your review & after all the dramas to get into Melbourne, I am delighted to hear that both Hakim & Nikita were able to help make your Melbourne's experience a nice & relaxing one. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to them.

Once again, thank you for your feedback & I look forward to seeing you back in Melbourne.

Alex Mihardja, Operational Project Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Glenbrook
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

A spontaneous decision to take a weekend away, when really we shouldn't or couldn't, resulted in this weekend in Melbourne.
We stayed at this hotel, as it was the closest, available accommodation to the Regent Theatre. Check-in was smooth.
We were up-graded to a King Size room, about which we were flattered. The room was rated, by us, as a 4/5. Scratch the surface, and room was in need of a facelift. An accessible powerpoint near the bedhead would have been nice. A TV with clearer reception might be nice. The en-suite was small, the hot tap on the other side from the shower water. Why do showers still have curtains? The dining experience presented as though it might be a little simple. The food was delightful!
The check-out was smooth.
Why a MONSTER of a weekend? We saw "King Kong: The Musical". If you missed it, you missed something memorable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ex-Canberran,

Thank you for your feedback & well done on your spontaneous decision to take a weekend away to Melbourne.

We are in the process of refurbishing our rooms & they are being done in stages. The newly refurbished rooms have a modern shower sans bath, reapinted walls, etc. I am glad that you found the check-in & check-out process were smooth & our convenient location to the Regent Theatre.

King Kong The Musical was indeed a great show, saw it twice myself and enjoyed both performances.

Please ask for a refurbished room if you decided to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The hotel is in heart of CBD.
My room could do with an upgrade, was very tired looking and grubby. Grouting in bathroom was full of mould, cushions on bed and carpet were stained.
Two restaurants on site which were adequate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear wanderlustssydney,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel, as well as the friendliness & helpfulness of our staff.

We are in the process of refurbishing our rooms (including the bathrooms) and they are being done in stages. 5 floors done, another 3 floors to be done soon (out of 12 accommodation floors in total).

Rest assured that I have personally addressed your concerns regarding the condition of the room & bathroom to both our Executive Housekeeper & Maintenance Manager for their attention.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon & if you do, please ask for one of the refurbished rooms, or feel free to contact me via email on H3028-GM02@accor.com & I will be sure to look after your reservation.

Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and would defiantly come back every time I visited the cbd in melbourne.
Everything you need is here clean rooms and upgraded new bathrooms in my standard room on tenth floor.
We stayed in a standard room double ( queen bed) perfect size room for a 3 night stay.
My friend had a superior king with bath/shower and kitchenette mirovave and it was a lot bigger but extra in price but still affordable,you may choose a bigger room if planning to stay longer but both rooms where perfect.
They do offer breakfast but most cafés open at 730 am and are not far away at all. Very clean not noisy loved it. Will return

• Stayed February 2014
Erdi G, Manager at Mercure Welcome Melbourne, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Travelfun4ever,

Thanks for the great review, it is always pleasing to read a positive review from a Top Contributor.

Delighted to hear that services and facilities used & provided were satisfactory for yourself and your friends.

Thank you again for your feedback & I certainly look forward to welcoming you back when you next visiting Melbourne.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very unpleasant incident during my stay. We chose "valet parking' and paid 35 AUD. Hotel valet staff called when leaving hotel and claiming due to city construction, we have to walk to parking. When talked to front desk questioning this issue, front desk staff say "we cannot control city construction blocking road". Come on, city consctruction you certainly cannot control, but you can control not to fully charge your "valet parking" service fee! Personally I will NOT recommend this kind of service attitude and it showed your hotel management team does not care how to deliver service but always think about charging client.

Room is small and we know that. Thin wall and hence constantly noise cannot be blocked.

Only good thing is location. Close to city center.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Alanzw,

I am saddened to hear of your recent experience with us & have discussed this situation further with our Front Office Manager.

Without knowing the details of your stay, it's rather hard for us to action your feedback properly. Please feel free to send me an email with the details of your reservation to H3028-gm02@accor.com and I shall look into it accordingly.

Once again, our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused & I look forward to hearing from you.

Alex Mihardja, Operational Project Manager

Been to Mercure Welcome Melbourne? Share your experiences!