Got an internet deal for the Mecure Welcome Melbourne on a very busy weekend in Melbs (Beyoncé and Cox Plate) at a reasonable price ($199) for Standard room. Only booked for one night (Sat) When we arrived, we were told by the clerk at check in that our room had been upgraded. Well the only difference was the upgraded room included a microwave and kitchen sink. The downfall???? The upgrade had us positioned 2 rooms from the elevators on the 8th floor. So we heard everyone coming and going at all hours. :-( The toilet seat lid was loose and when I hung my toiletry bag on the towel rack it fell off. Bathroom was very pokey with shower and no bath. And no shower gel (only tiny cakes of soap) and no moisturiser cream either (which you think is pretty standard in most hotels in small tubes). Good for a short stay - it served its purpose but unfortunately we were next to the lifts.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Welcome Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Mercure Welcome Melbourne Hotel
- Accor Welcome Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place where the staff go further so you can enjoy your stay. The Mercure Hotel Welcome Melbourne features self and valet parking. Cafes, restaurants and bars are close by and cater to all budgets and tastes and there is an onsite tour and information desk divulging Melbourne's best-kept local secrets. This is great-value accommodation in a great location – shopping precincts and historic theatres are all within walking distance, while sporting venues are a simple tram ride away. This is a 100% non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Welcome Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.