The rooms were old and aging. In terms of the infrastructure, there's nothing spectacular about the hotel. Nonetheless the air-cond was nice and chilly, beds were comfortable and the location was fairly central. Although parking is a down-right hassle.
The staff are all friendly and helpful, and are a redeeming point for the hotel. Without the effort and attention of the staff and housekeeping, I'd be suspect of the quality of the room.
Overall, if you're in the city for business or plan to be out for the entire day, the hotel is functional and practical for you to rest.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Welcome Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Mercure Welcome Melbourne Hotel
- Accor Welcome Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place where the staff go further so you can enjoy your stay. The Mercure Hotel Welcome Melbourne features self and valet parking. Cafes, restaurants and bars are close by and cater to all budgets and tastes and there is an onsite tour and information desk divulging Melbourne's best-kept local secrets. This is great-value accommodation in a great location – shopping precincts and historic theatres are all within walking distance, while sporting venues are a simple tram ride away. This is a 100% non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Welcome Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.