Chose this hotel for a business trip on the basis its one of the Accor group, and it was on a bargain deal.
- Located right in the centre of the city.
- Bathroom was a nice refurb job
- Pokey room
- View of a concrete wall
- Room had an adjoining room door (locked) through which you could hear everything from the next door room.
- Check-in was painfully slow
So worth staying if your travelling alone on a business trip and need a budget hotel in a good location. Otherwise avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the city's most popular business and shopping precincts, theatres, galleries, bars and restaurants, the 3.5-star Mercure Welcome Melbourne hotel is located in the very heart of Melbourne's CBD and offers guest affordable budget accommodation and a base from which to explore all the attractions and events in Melbourne. Shopping meccas like Emporium Melbourne, Bourke Street Mall and H&M are right on the doorstep of the Mercure Welcome Melbourne hotel, plus other attractions like Federation Square, Southbank, Her Majesty's and Regent Theatres, Queen Victoria Markets and Melbourne Central Shopping Complex are just a short stroll away. Guests can conveniently also take advantage of the free CBD tram service, with a tram stop just metres from the entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Mercure Welcome Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Welcome Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Welcome Melbourne