This is an unremarkable hotel in a very good location. From the ugly, corridor lobby you take an ancient lift through unheated, beige communal areas and arrive at your beige door. The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable, but the pillows are much like sleeping on a polystyrene block. The paint, carpet and all fittings are very tired and the air-conditioning (which cycles on and off literally every two minutes through the night) was caked in dust. In the bathroom, all the splendour of 1983 awaits...they have the same toilet and tap fittings as my Nan's bathroom which was renovated around that time. The view from our window was primarily air-conditioning units, ramshackle tin roofing and dilapidated brick. Bit of a dump, really!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor