The entrance on Little Bourque St. is arranged a bit oddly, and that street, during our stay, was a nightmare of construction vehicles and equipment. But if you can get over the mess and inconvenience (which might be cleaned up by the time you read this), this is a pretty decent place to stay.
One minor feature we didn't expect is that our room had two sets of doors, providing an extra bit of sound insulation from the hallway. The hotel was mostly quiet when we were there anyway, but as I'm a light sleeper I appreciated this extra touch.
I'd consider staying here again on future visits to Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor