Right in the middle of Melbourne city, surrounded by eateries and shopping centres, this is a very good location for a hotel catering for tourists who need basic comfort and convenience. On the surface this hotel would be considered mediocre but we grew to like it a lot because the hotel staff were very efficient, friendly and courteous. Above all, the cleaners were very honest: we accidentally left a gold wedding ring behind on checking out but was able to recover it two hours later.
The standard room was very clean. It had a comfortable queen-size bed. The room was spacious but the sofa provided only seated one person, making it necessary for the second person to sit on the bed when watching TV.
Full buffet breakfast was good with cooked-to-order eggs provided. Also catered to Asian taste.
The hotel has a gym and swimming pool but we didn't use either.
Our only complaint: The sound insulation between rooms was inadequate; we could hear the plumbing noises from adjoining rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor