I was pleased to find that our room is big with two twin beds and each seems like a super single (can probably fit in two people nicely). The beds are very comfy and well equipped with many pillows. The only con is that after cleaning, the cleaning lady usually misplace my pillows and puts them all on my friend's bed instead. Guess it was just a slip of her mind. :)
Service at the front desk was great throughout the stay. The only time that we experienced service that was slightly below standard was during check-in when the staff was probably overwhelmed.
Location is pretty good, surrounded with a number of eateries. Parking in the hotel can be abit troublesome as not all roads are through-roads to the back of the hotel where valet parking is.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends who are going Melbourne.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Mercure
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.