This hotel is in the perfect location for shopping if you are staying in Melbourne with Bourke Street Mall just around the corner, very close to Melbourne Central and a short walk to Southbank and the Vic Market. The staff were very obliging and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Only downside was that our room overlooked Swanston St and you could hear people in the street and trams late in the night and then was woken up by more street noise in the morning. After checking out we were charged for items that we didn't usae in the mini bar but a quick call to the hotel and they assured me that they will refund those charges. All in all we had a great time at this hotel and even with the street noise we would still stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Venere, ACCOR and EasyToBook so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor