This is a really good hotel right in the heart of Melbourne. It is great as you can walk to so many areas of interest. Great shopping, museum, art gallery, lovely food and best of all, lots of theatres are in walking distance. The rooms are a generous size and I love the twin doubles. One of the best features is that the rooms have DVD players, microwave and toaster as well as fridge. Friendly staff and excellent room service. We ordered dinner three times in our room on our recent stay, and each time the food was generous, good quality and delivered in a good time frame.
The bathrooms are looking just a little worn now, with some age stain marks on the ceilings, but the cleanliness is fine. I still think that this is a very good value hotel considering it is in the heart of the city. If you can get a good rate, I certainly would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor