I recently stayed at The Swanston Hotel Grand Mercure for two nights and found it yet again well priced and well located in Swanston Street in the centre of the retail area of the Melbourne CBD. I had a room on the 12th floor on the side of the building, and pleasingly it was quiet and spacious. The restaurant on the 1st floor served a very good and ample buffet breakfast for $A15.00, which I can throughly recommend.
However, for the first time I had dinner in the restaurant that evening and found the menu well above my expectations for a medium range CBD hotel - I had a slow roasted lamb shoulder matched with a good red wine (reasonably priced for a city venue) which was excellent.
Upon my departure for the airport for a very early flight, the reception desk was efficient, and a staff member kindly assisted me with my luggage to the taxi rank adjacent to the hotel.
Future visits on business to Melbourne will see me again staying at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor