The main entrance to the hotel is on Swanson Street, and is indistinguishable from the many small restaurants, phone stores, and mini markets, etc., that line the street.
The lobby is small and unremarkable.
We had a standard twin room which was large, about 330 SF, The furniture was plain, and there was one small picture on the wall. There was a large soft chair without arms, Most surprising is that there were no drawers for clothes. None. We piled our clothes where we could..
There was no free WIFI, so we used their computers at $2 for 20 minutes a few times.
Breakfast was below satisfactory.
The building, I was told, was the combination of the Swanson and Mercure Hotels. The Swanson, where we stayed, was supposedly rated more highly.
Putting it all together, I can't rate it more than average.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Mercure
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.