Stayed two weeks as part of a business trip. It all started with a confusion about my actual arrival date, which is not what you want to hear at 3am. But this apparently had nothing to do with the hotel, and staff did their best to find temporary accommodation in the hotel's annex (the 'Welcome', whose star rating is certainly lower) and checked me in the following morning. The room was truly excellent: spacious with the layout of a junior suite (separate living room with sofa and TV, another smaller TV in the bedroom), really ideal for an extended stay, and really good when you have to work. The hotel does not have free Internet access, but you have both wireless (10 AUD/24h) and LAN with different price plans (by the minute up to a maximum of 20+ AUD, by 24 hours). The restaurant is ok, so is the bar food and room service, but the natural choice is to eat in one of the many cafes and restaurants nearby. The hotel can get quite busy at times, which may be a problem if you need a late check-out for instance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor