Looking for a great hotel to enjoy your 35th anniversary? And you want to use your free night at Accor Advantage club. Best you'll get in Melbourne is here. You'll have to walk to the Sofitel for dinner, you can't sleep there without paying another $260. So we arrive at the hotel and are given a ticket for "Make your own happy hour" at the Cocoon Bar... great, except they failed to mention the bar closes on Sunday nights. Hmmm. So we walked to 1806 on Exhibition Street for cocktails - much better. Room was curiously laid out, small bedroom, large office area, reasonable bath room, clean sheets. That's part of the tough order in trying to make an old building function as a modern hotel. Overall, no better than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Hotel Swanston is in the heart of the city, close to restaurants, theatres, nightlife and Melbournes best shopping. The hotel features 200 spacious, well appointed rooms and a restaurant on the 15th floor which overlooks the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne
- The Swanston Hotel Grand Accor