“The Crossley Hotel - Home away from Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Crossley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Crossley Hotel to your Saves list
The Crossley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Little Bourke St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #50 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“The Crossley Hotel - Home away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I use the Crossley Hotel on a regular basis. It is basically my home away from home. It is not the flashiest hotel in Melbourne but it is clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly and efficient and most know me by name. When I arrive my check in is very fast ,all details are taken care of and I am in my room in no time. The location is excellent, in the middle of the CBD at the top end of Chinatown, close to the theatre and surrounded by excellent eating establishments. If you have to be away from home it is a pretty good place to be.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
CrossleyGM, General Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Dear MJA_10,

I appriciate for taking your time to write a review on TRIPADVISOR. I am glad you had an enjoyable time with us.

I will be sharing your comments with our team, as they are an encouragement to improve our services.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on your return, as I would like to personally ensure of your comforts during the stay.

H3032-GM1@accor.com

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Booked with Orbitz. GREAT PRICE offered for the stay. Perfect location and hotel pleasantly surprised us. Couldnt beat the value we received. Very Comfortable

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CrossleyGM, General Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Dear Tommy B237,

Thank you for the wonderful comments on Tripadvisor and I am happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I have shared your comments with our team and they are an encouragement to continuousley improve our services.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with accommodation on your next visit to Australia.

Wish you all the best.

The Crossley Hotel Managed by Mercure
Perth Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Did not spend much time in hotel other than to sleep. basic but ok. bathrooms could use a facelift.
Biggest issue was noise from adjoining restaurants who emptied bins and had deliveries etc in early hours of morning- nothing like the sound of crashing bottles as bins are emptied at 5am to ensure you get woken up.
Got a Silvertop taxi 5154 from the airport at midnight which cost $83- which seemed excessive but I understand it is quite common to get ripped off by the taxi's in Melbourne.
i gather the average fare is $50-$60.
Convenient location and short walk to tram and cafe's as well as Her Majesty's -Mary Poppins was fantastic

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CrossleyGM, General Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2010
Dear DolB,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripavisor.

I have shared your comments with our team for future improvements.

Your comments are an encouragement to our team to improve our services.
Thank you once again, and hoping to see you in the near future.

If you ever need any assistance, please do not heistate to contact me directly.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Chose the Crossley because of its proximity to Theatre running Mary Poppins - couldn't be happier! Friendly, efficient staff, allowed us into room earlier than expected, and gave every assistance in directions, etc. Beds most comfortable, and rooms clean and quiet -no disturbance from adjoining neighbours or showers/toilets.
Garbage trucks always a CBD problem, but didn't hear any other street noise. So close to shopping, restaurants, trains and trams, and, if you have time, walking distance to Queen Victoria Markets, Melbourne Museum, MCG., Fitzroy Gardens, etc. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear TB1938,

Thank you for taking your time and positing a review on TRIPADVOSOR.
It is great to know that you had a wonderful time with us.

I would certainly share your comments with our team and they are an encouragement to us to continuousley improve standards in the hotel.

We are hope to seeing you back in our hotel in the near future. If you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I am more than happy to help you.

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I was made to stay here with work and basically am very unimpressed. The furniture in the rooms is stained, there was an empty Corona bottle under my bed - I just checked and it's still there even though I told the front desk - there is no room service, seriously, what kind of hotel doesn't have room service? The mattress is about as comfy as sleeping on a bag of broken glass and they didn't clean the room after the first night. I won't be staying here again and would recommend that you don't either.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear jamieandomar,

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that your had a disappointing experience in our hotel.
However, this is not the usual standard in our hotel as we often received compliments for our hotel accommodation.

I have gone through your comments and have discussed with our team for immeadiate solution.

If you ever return to Melbourne, please contact me directly, and I would personally ensure of your comforts and a great stay with us.

Email: H3032-GM1@accor.com
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

My stay in Melb was based around music..... the album launch of 'lose your dilusion 1' by OVER-REACTOR ... it was great! and to top it off, a good warm comfy room to sleep in, within walking distance to some great venues including the Ding Dong Lounge, you'll find some great Local Musicians there.
Getting to and checking into the hotel was quick and easy, friendly staff on arrival, I had a mate waiting for me already and they provided a speedy check in. The next morning more friendly staff on checkout and I got a map and good directions and suggestions of things to see and places to go in the city. I would stay here again for sure only for longer next time....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

The street noise is just way to loud. We stayed two nights early in the week & both nights experienced garbage trucks or gutter sweepers from about 4 -5am onwards. Surely double glazing of the windows would help. Hated the fact you could hear the person directly above your room relieving themselves at the toilet. Thought the TV could have been bigger barely the size of a computer monitor. I cant knock the staff as they were all very friendly. Surely a major upgrade of the building is required.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
CrossleyGM, General Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Banger3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TRIPADVISOR.

I have shared your comments with our team, and have discussed some of the points that you mentioned, for future improvements.

You feedback is imporatant to us, to continuousley improve our services.

If you need any assistance in organising accommodation in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would personally assure you of all comforts during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind regards

The Crossley Hotel managed by Mercure

Been to The Crossley Hotel? Share your experiences!