“Great city location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Crossley Hotel

You added The Crossley Hotel to your Saves list
The Crossley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Little Bourke St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #51 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Alice Springs
“Great city location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have just got home from three nights in Melbourne and will happily stay at the Crossley again next time we visit. We got it at a great price, which definitely helped, but it's location & helpful staff were appreciated. It may not be the most modern hotel but we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Our room was second floor and overlooked Little Bourke Street and we didn't have any problems at...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Shazs69,

Thank you for reviewing the Crossley Hotel.

Your comments regarding our friendly and attentive staff are greatly appreciated; I have shared these with the team. I would also like to thank you for emphasizing our great location; it certainly is in a central spot.

We are currently undergoing a refurbishment and have taken your comments on board in regards to the hotels decor, perhaps when you next stay you may like to request one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed in the smallest cheapest room as we were only there 1 night as part of a tiki tour around Melbourne. With 3 people was a little small but perfectly adequate, clean and very well priced. Excellent location in Chinatown with zillions restaurants nearby. Staff were very helpful and friendly and let us have our room at 10.30 (we expected to just have luggage stored) . Stayed in flasher places on our trip such as the Como but this is the one I would return to and recommend

• Stayed April 2014
Dear jhgfhsdg,

We are so pleased that you had a great experience and found all the staff helpful and friendly.

We have passed on your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room to the Housekeeping Manager and his team.

Thank you for also highlighting our fantastic location, close by to all of Melbourne’s lovely eateries.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley hotel it the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Crossley staff are brilliant,efficient & professional. The location is fabulous!

Howeve, the breakfast at the downstairs restaurant was AWFUL!! I paid $25 for food I could have cooked better myself (blindfolded!!!) If you stay at the Crossley, do yourself a favour and head elsewhere for breakfast!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Rhyanon S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and found the staff brilliant and professional. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy the quality of the breakfast, as consequence of your feedback we have now dispensed with the outsourced company that ran breakfast and have taken this over ourselves. As a way of apology next time you stay at the Crossley Hotel, we will include breakfast free of charge, please contact myself directly to arrange this.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Regards,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

For an alleged Boutique hotel, the design elements just weren't there. The bathrooms are a bit dated though the bed and sofa are comfortable. However, the location on the edge of Melbourne's Chinatown was great with lots of eateries available but minimal street crowd noise. It is within walking distance to the main shopping areas of Collins Street and Bourke Street as well as the QV Center and Melbourne Center. The Lygon Street precinct of Italian restaurants and other cuisine is about 20 minutes walk away also.

Free wi-fi is the main draw though it requires you to repeatedly sign in/apply after a period of inactivity. There is no complimentary water and the minibar isn't cheap. Saying that, there is a large Woolworths supermarket about 10 mins walk away at QV Centre.

The reception staff were generally friendly and helpful. I arrived 2 hours prior to official check-in and was quickly given a room, which was a bonus. I will stay here again just for the value for money that this hotel offers.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room facing Little Bourke Street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Steven W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at The Crossley Hotel.
It’s great to read you enjoyed our central location, we are definitely in a fantastic spot close by to all of Melbourne’s lovely eateries and shopping districts. Thank you for also highlighting our friendly and helpful reception staff, I’m glad we were able to honour an early check in for your stay.

We are currently undergoing a refurbishment and have taken your comments on board in regards to the hotel, perhaps when you next stay you may like to request one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Just returned from a weekend at the Crossley. The rooms were modern, clean and really comfortable. Bathroom could do with an update but very user friendly and the water temperature and pressure were great. I found the staff both friendly and helpful and couldn't have asked for more. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Mrspike1,

Thank you for your 5/5 review.

It’s fantastic to read you found the Crossley Hotel clean, modern and comfortable. Thank you for also highlighting our friendly staff, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

We are currently undergoing a refurbishment and have taken your comments on board in regards to the bathroom, perhaps when you next stay you may like to request one of our newly refurbished rooms.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Hobart, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Whilst the hotel was clean and comfortable, my colleague and I found the staff to be extremely unfriendly, unaccomodating and downright rude during out 4 night stay. I would actually go as far as stating that the behaviour of some staff member was disgusting. I have never stayed in a hotel were the manners of the staff were so consistently unacceptable. At both check in and check out we were made to feel like crimials. A small booking mistake at check in, which anywhere else would have been a simple alteration, became a full blown drama (despite the easiest of solutions) that seemed to go on for days. At check out our deposit would not be returned until another member of staff "checked the room" and we were left to stand at the front desk for 10 minutes. Overall the behaviour of staff was not acceptable and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact I would tell them to stay as far away as possible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, whilst the hotel was nice the staff were the rudest hotel staff I have ever enc...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear HappyTravellingJess,

Thank you for writing a review on the Crossley hotel.

It's great to read you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

My apologies in regards to the service you received during your recent stay. I’m disappointed to read you found our staff unfriendly. I appreciate you sharing your feedback and concerns and I will certainly use your comments at our next staff training session to ensure all staff continue to maintain high customer service standards at all times.

Once again apologies and I do hope we get the opportunity again to welcome you back to the hotel.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is in a handy position to public transport and several points of interest. We arrived to find our booking was not in the hotel's data, but upon presentation of the paper copy of it from the internet agent, there was no quarrel. Then, and over the next 3 days, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Our superior room on the 5th floor, overlooked Little Bourke St and there was disruptive noise on Sat night. Apart from that night though, there was no noise. The room was very clean and well appointed, including free WiFi, 4 free movie channels and hot chocolate sachets. The only negatives were the small bathroom, and the 5 steps from the street to the foyer - heavy luggage could be an issue. I wouldn't let that deter me from staying there again though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear VD Kingsley,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crossley hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for providing great insight about the hotel and its facilities.

The Crossley hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment and have taken your comments on board.

Thank you again for your review.

Property Manager

Been to The Crossley Hotel? Share your experiences!