“Could not fault our stay - Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crossley Hotel

You added The Crossley Hotel to your Saves list
The Crossley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Little Bourke St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #52 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Ballarat, Australia
“Could not fault our stay - Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at Crossley Hotel for a weekend break in Melbourne and found it to be the perfect city center Hotel. The location is brilliant, so close to many great bars and restaurants. The staff were extremely friendly and nothing seemed to much trouble. They really know how to offer professional and friendly service in a relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely be back, really glad to have found our new city center Hotel when visiting Melbourne. Ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed February 2013
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear freetogo_10,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your weekend stay at the Crossley. I'm also glad you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, it certainly is close to many restaurants and bars. It's great to read how friendly and helpful you found our staff, I will be sure to pass your thoughts on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have just returned from spending Easter Weekend at the Crossley and were very happy with all aspects of our stay. Check in was friendly and efficient our superior room clean and comfortable and the location is excellent . Can't see any reason to stay anywhere else in Melbourne CBD

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Susan M,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your Easter Weekend at the Crossley. I'm delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and that your check in was efficient.

Albury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a terrific location, the rooms aren't huge but neigther is the price! Valet Parking is a plus for us as we don't use the car once in Melbourne. We went to Theatre so was perfect location and right in the middle of Chinatown amoungst brilliant restaurants, can't ask for more than that.

Room Tip: We were in 105 which has a bright sign just outside window, didn't bother us but may bother othe...
Dear tinabopped,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Crossley Hotel. It's great to read you found the location to be centrally located and convenient for the theatres and close to many brilliant restaurants.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at the Crossley Hotel on a quick 4 day visit to Melbourne to go to the Bruce Springsteen concert and to do some shopping so we wanted a hotel that was close to everything. The location is fantastic being right next to Chinatown, theatres, restaurants, cafes, shops, etc, and just a couple of minutes walk to the free city circle tram stop. We stayed in a standard room which was quite spacious with plenty of room for suitcases, shopping bags, etc. Room was clean as was the bathroom. The room also had a cute little indoor 'balcony'. The staff were helpful when we needed them and always polite. My only complaint would be the rubbish trucks on Little Bourke St but that is not something the hotel can control so maybe request a room away from the street. We didn't eat at the restaurant next door or go to the bar so can't comment on either. Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Naomi,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your short stay with us, I hope you also enjoyed the Bruce Springsteen concert. I'm glad you found the hotel to be in a central location, it certainly is close to many restaurants, bars and cafes, as well as the free city circle tram. I'm delighted to read that our staff were able to help you out when needed and that you found them to be very polite, I will be sure to pass your thoughts on. I would like to apologise for the waste removal trucks, I do hope you had no disturbed sleep due to this.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having got a good deal on the Travel Auctions site I was pleased that I was allowed plenty of time to take up the offer. On arrival the staff were very pleasant and a welcoming letter along with a bottle of wine already chilled was a nice touch. Room was clean and quiet and spacious (paid for the upgrade to king bed and a kitchenette), shower excellent. Breakfast fine and included - thought I wouldn't want to pay the $18 for it. Great location, easy walk to everything we wanted to see and do. Free internet is rare in Australia so well done to Crossley for that. Warning to families though, the steps (no ramp) make entry a little tricky with a pram although staff were always there to help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nairina,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read you had a pleasant stay. It's great to read your positive comments about our staff, I'm glad they made you feel welcome and were able to assist you getting your pram up and down the stairs. I'm glad you appreciated the use of the free Wi-Fi and the central location of the hotel.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

birmingham UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights during a touring holiday in Australia.

The location of the Crossley was excellent within walking distance of the shops cafes etc but was also very quiet and we didn't get any noise from the street which is on the edge of China Town.

The bedrooms were very clean although perhaps a little basic. The breakfast which was included was in the cafe next door and was a continental breakfast which was ample for what we wanted. A cooked breakfast was available at an extra charge.

The staff on reception were very helpful and had excellent customer service skills.

If we ever returned to Melborne I would definately look at staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Birminghamuksarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Crossley Hotel.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also glad you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, it certainly is walking distance to many great cafes, restaurants and shops. I'm also delighted to read how friendly and helpful you found our staff, I will be sure to pass your feedback on to all of the team.

Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next visit to Melbourne.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a surprise for my husbands birthday, I booked a 2 room apt, intending to fly him and me from western australia and his daughters from NZ. I booked beginning of March, his birthday is July, so I booked for 6 nights 1st week of July. HUGE surprise for him and alot of organizing behind his back for me. He got a surprise alright ! His visa account arrived a few days after I had booked (our a/cs are linked), and they had billed us for EVERY CENT 4 MONTHS before our arrival. It's in the small print I was told. How dare they do this. No where did I read that . They couldn't have cared less, I have stayed there before but never again. I travel alot all over the world and contrary to them saying most places do this, I have never encountered it, nor the attitude from them. Sorry dear, the surprise to see your family on your birthday is no longer a surprise. Thank you Crossley (not) I cancelled, demanding all monies be returned to my a/c and booked elsewhere, with not even a deposit being asked for. BE CAREFUL especially if booking online.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dianne G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

As an advance purchase special deal was booked online, full payment was taken in advance as per the terms and conditions of booking this deal. This is clearly explained online. However, if we had been notified in advance of the online booking we could have arranged the booking differently to avoid your husband being made aware of the surprise. As we were not contacted and were totally unaware that the booking was a surprise for your husband we went ahead with the booking and implemented the terms and conditions as outlined for the deal. When we were contacted by telephone about this, we cancelled the booking without charge despite the terms and conditions of this booking, and sincerely apologized verbally.

Most special rates and deals online have specific terms and conditions of booking, these are clearly explained when the deal is advertised. By making these terms and conditions we are able to offer such low rates.

Kind Regards,

Property Manager

Been to The Crossley Hotel? Share your experiences!