“Close to Her Majesty's - wonderful all round” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crossley Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Crossley Hotel to your Saves list
The Crossley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Little Bourke St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #50 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Traralgon, Australia
“Close to Her Majesty's - wonderful all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My Mum and I stayed at the Crossley whilst in town to see Chitty Chitty Beng Bang at 'Her Majesty's Theatre".
The theatre is visible from the hotel, couldn't have much closer.
Staff were all excellent and helpful, particularly the doorman of the hotel's restaurant 'Fish Dish'. He spoke to us as we headed home from shopping (also very close to shopping mall) and commented he'd reserve a table for us later. He then remembered us when we headed back and welcomed us with a huge smile. Seeing the Paella cooking in the window certainly drew in many more passers by - and it was sensational.
We headed back there for breakfast, also lovely warm welcoming staff and a great spread of breaky treats.
Valet parking, comfortable beds, lots of pillows, very quiet and black out curtains.
Definitely recommended and we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Lissas_11,

Thank you for your 5/5 review.

It's great to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the Crossley Hotel. I'm pleased to read that you found all our staff friendly and helpful. Particularly the door man of the fish dish restaurant, I will be sure to let the Restaurant Manager and his team know how helpful and friendly they all were. I'm sure they will also be happy to hear how delicious and sensational the Paella was. I also appreciate you highlighting the location of the hotel, your right it certainly is nearby to all of Melbourne's Theatres.

Once again I would like to thank you for posting a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel in the near future.

524 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Traralgon, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Excellent location for shopping, theatre and restaurants. Very clean and friendly helpfull staff. Valet parking an added bonus and well worth the money. I am more than happy to stay again and recommend the Crossley Hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Margaret255362,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I'm pleased to read that you appreciated the valet car parking service. I'm also really happy to read that you are going to recommend us to your family and friends.

Thanks again Margaret for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

2 nights - standard room early march 2013.

Good location towards the east end of the CBD rectangle. Lots of bars restaurants around within walking distance. China town and Greek Precincts at your doorstep. Free city circle tram around the corner which will take you around town. A good 15min walk to southbank from hotel.

The room is reasonable sized with good air conditioning system. Has a desk, TV (standard free to air with additional four movie channels), fridge, tea/coffee facilities and regular toiletries. Complementary wifi with reasonable surfing speed. There is a business centre and dining facilities which I did not use. They do not have a gym but have an agreement with a nearby one for a reasonable fee. The decor is getting a little tired, but still reasonable.

Front desk staff were extremely courteous and helpful. A special mention to Kenny who was always smiling and helped us book airbus return transfers without fuss.

Only small downside is the rubbish truck comes early in the morning around 6-7am, but this is out of the control of the hotel. Overall excellent 4 star hotel in its category

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Prozerran,

Thank you for your 5/5 review.

I'm delighted to read your positive comments about our Hotel and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for highlighting the central location of the Hotel, the Crossley Hotel is certainly close to many restaurants, cafe's and bars. It's great to read that you appreciated the use of the free WI-FI and that you found it to be of reasonable speed. I'm glad Kenny was able to assist you in booking an airport transfer, I will be sure to pass your kind words on to him. I will also pass your comments on to the rest of the team for helping make your stay more enjoyable.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next visit to Melbourne

Kind Regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We found the Crossley Hotel very comfortable and our room was spacious and was well appointed. We were able to comfortably accommodate our friends for breakfast in our room who were staying at the same hotel The location was good for transport connections around the city. Staff were friendly and helpful.The beds were very comfortable and air conditioning was efficient.The free wifi was good to have to allow us to communicate by email and internet.The restaurant attached to the hotel was closed while we were there but there were plenty of eating options close by.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room if you want more space and away from the side lane. Rubbish trucks at 5.30am we...
Dear Kiwiscot429,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the Crossley Hotel. It's great to read that our staff were friendly and helpful and were able to make your stay enjoyable. I'm also delighted to read that you enjoyed the use of the Free - Wi-Fi.

Thank you again for posting a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next trip to Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed there for my wedding, Room very clean and tidy as well as bathroom and on cleanliness I give 100% better than some 5 star hotel. I want to point-out one staff member who look after us named KENNY, his service was really great, a can do attitude and always smiling.
Want to congratulate Paul, catering service, food was really good as well as presentation. Overall Relax atmosphere, definitely will come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, go in all of them, of course if possible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at The Crossley Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Christopher S,

Thank you for your recent 5/5 review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also delighted that you found our hotel to be of higher standard than of some 5 Star Hotels. I will pass on your kind words and feedback to Paul and his team, I'm sure he will be pleased to hear this. I will also pass your comments on to Kenny, I'm glad he was able to offer you exceptional service, with a can do attitude.

Once again Christopher thanks for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent a week in this hotel and we loved the location - it is just on the edge of Chinatown and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.
The Staff were friendly and helpful and handled our booking efficiently.
The lobby is small, but the room was large and well appointed. It was very clean and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Dear Felicity S,

Thank you for your recent review.

It's great to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location central and easy to walk every where from. I'm also delighted to read how friendly and helpful you found our staff, I will be sure to pass this on to all of the team.

Thanks again for posting a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley on your next trip to Melbourne.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Large room, clean and well serviced. Good large flat screen tv, with free to air and 4 movie channels. Comfortables bed!!
Also,free wifi a bonus, with reasonable speed. Was close to my work, and not too far too shopping. Also, quiet end of little Bourke street

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Senorhondo,

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel. It's also great to read that you enjoyed the use of the free wi-fi and found it to be of reasonable speed.

Thanks again for posting a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crossley Hotel on your next trip to Melbourne.

Property Manager

Been to The Crossley Hotel? Share your experiences!