I attended a conference at La Trobe University in December 2014 but elected to stay in the Adelphi in Melbourne city centre instead. Excellent central location, within easy walking distance to trams out to La Trobe, and also the Botanic Gardens, South Bank, and the main city centre shopping area. The staff were all very friendly and attended to any needs immediately. The room was very spacious and quiet and had an ipod docking station for my music needs. There were loads of free movies and not enough time to watch them all! I loved the daily refill of sweets, chocolates and snacks as well as the complimentary mini bar - so many other hotels charge for all this instead. When I needed coffee in the morning, instead of having to go down to the bar, again complimentary Lavazza ground coffee and a tea bar tray were sent up to my room. The bathroom amenities were excellent quality. The décor is trendy and I had my complimentary glass of wine sitting on one of the indoor bar swings.
I don't think I need to add any further photos to what there already are on Tripadvisor, but perhaps some tips would be more helpful to other travellers, especially those who are less mobile or who plan to have a lot of luggage (I travel light).
1. The hotel is down narrow Flinders Lane so if you are taking the SkyBus from the Southern Cross station, you will be dropped off at the Hyatt and you have to walk a short distance across an intersection to get to the hotel. Easy if you travel light...
2. The entrance to the hotel is up a flight of stairs. The staff may not see you when you arrive, but I'm sure will help you with bags if you ask them to. They offer help when you leave, after all.
3. There is no view - but I didn't need one!
4. The pool is very limited, but again, it wasn't a priority for me.
Great place to stay and I hope to return with my kids next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adelphi Hotel presents an extraordinary palette of temptations. Swinging couches, signature desserts, cocktails, candles and a pillow scent menu are merely the entree. Discover thirty-four sumptuous rooms, world-class amenities, our serene foyer, function areas and famous pool, as well as Ezard restaurant, Mon Bijou cocktail bar and the new Om Nom dessert restaurant and bar.Centrally located moments from Federation Square, yet tucked away on Flinders Lane,our guests enjoy the sensation of escape. Give in to rare indulgence. Let your eyes take in the colour and the light. Lose yourself in luxury, in texture. Absorb the subtle scents and soft sounds, the whispers, laughter and music. Dig in to experience delectable taste like never before. Settle in for the sweetest of dreams. Dive in, to be enlivened.Adelphi Hotel offers a variety of rooms and suites, catering to differing needs, occasions and budgets. All accommodation features contemporary styling and amenity, brand new plush carpets, modern LED strip lighting and bedroom vanity units. Relax with the in-room entertainment system and 40-inch flat-screen LED Smart TV. Enjoy our large, well-ventilated bathrooms and Appelles Apothecary bathroom treats. When required, work away at a writing desk with additional power points for laptops, mobile phones and iPods, plus bedside iHome docking station/radio alarm clock and universal connections for all audio devices including iPhone 5. Double beds are king-sized, with an additional rollaway bed for each room available upon request. Room rates include Wifi access, free local phone calls, a range of delicious in-room snacks and refreshments, and a welcome drink at the bar. The Boardroom at Adelphi makes an impressive setting for boardroom meetings and small-scale business events for up to 10 people. Located on the 8th floor, with north-facing windows overlooking Flinders Lane, it is bright, spacious and well appointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Adelphi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adelphi Hotel Melbourne