“Excellent! Will most definitely be back.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
1 Free Breakfast Daily
Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent! Will most definitely be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Boutique hotel in great location (just around the corner from Federation Square and Bourke St malls). Service was incredible - personal, attentive and friendly. Room was spacious and cosy though I generally prefer softer beds. The hotel is always nice and quiet which is nice after a long day of out-and-abouts. I absolutely love the free mini bar and Happy Lab lollies! Macaroons at night is another bonus!
A tiny downside is the old model of A/C we had in our room which was difficult to get to the right temperature and a bit noisy. Though we've seen another room with the modern A/C so maybe they're slowly re-fitting them. Will definitely be back on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel Adelphi was a great experience for us! Our 10 year wedding anniversary was a fantastic experience and hotel staff were brilliant throughout the stay.
I'd say leave tea n coffee in the room though as that extra random cup of tea is always good. But the coffee by the barrista on room service was great. Thank you for our stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

It's not surprising that the Adelphi is so well known. Not only do they have some of the funkiest decor, yet the service to match! I have been wanting to stay there for years, and was not disappointed! Having a girls night out, on arrival we were greeted by the lovely staff who were so apologetic that we had to wait 5 minutes for them! On check in we were advised that everything in the mini bar, lolly jar and movies were free!!!! We received a fancy hot pink polka dot straw each and were advised it was to redeem a drink of our choice at the amazing Om Nom! Once we headed to our room , we were surrounded by a modern and industrial scenery. A knock at the door brought are luggage, and macaroons!!! Pool time... Ok so the weather was about 20 degrees, we had received word from other guests that the water was freezing, I didn't care I was going in. It was cold! But worth every second, the whole experience of the glass floor over looking the street is just so damn cool! Shivering, we embraced our plush robes and headed back to our room. The products shower gel, shampoo ect. are divine, they remind me of Aesop. After a night on the town we ordered room service (must! Cheese board and fries). We embraced the early morning air and enjoyed the serenity of the city. The location of the Hotel is ideal, we were able to walk everywhere. All in all a fabulous stay at the Adelphi Melbourne. The staff are lovely, and went out of their way to make our stay one to remember. Fabulous hotel, with the service to match! A must stay, would recommend it to all!

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Free mini bar, movies and a night time macaroon are the added extras which make the service at The Adelphi that extra bit special. Staff were highly attentive when we checked in and offered us a welcome drink to help us settle. Reasonably priced for the location, the room was a little small as there were three of us sharing however would suit a couple or travelling mates. The large bathroom was most welcomed and along with modern decor- the room was comfy and welcoming. I would return again, especially if I was wanting to spoil myself or a loved one. Be sure to try the desserts downstairs!

Gisborne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I haven't been to the Adelphi since before the renovations, I knew about the pool not he top deck that hangs over the building, but really didn't give the hotel much thought. I often stay in Melbourne CBD and stay in a bigger hotel out of habit, but this time I came across the Adelphi and read they were refurbished and have become a dessert themed hotel. Well that piqued my interest.

From the moment we walked in, we were treated and treated like a guest, as opposed to hotels that treat you as "the person that they need to process" in a queue. My daughter loved the swing seats, and the decor, our room was perfect. A jar full of sweets to welcome us. Free movies, wifi and mini bar.. we really did feel like a house guest, Very welcomed and wanted.

We ordered breakfast for room service and loved it, totally beats the ordinary dishes that you get in hotels.. no cold toast for example.

I was very impressed and can't wait to come back on my next city stay, I can't wait to be treated by name and welcomed each time I come back to the hotel. That's what you get from a small boutique hotel, you're not just another number.

The beds and room were quiet, we stayed in 606 and it was the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel hands down.

My only small take back is, if you were bringing in large luggage there are stairs at the front of the hotel you need to carry them over. But considering the location (we walked to Rod Laver arena, the Regent theatre, China town and the Bourke St Mall), I don't mind lifting my overnighter at all, knowing what awaits me when I walk in.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall I enjoyed my experience at the Adelphi however I was a little disappointed with the service and definitely the breakfast which was extremely average! (breakfast was cold and small and order was incorrect and took three phone calls to rectify so go elsewhere for breakfast) The room (King Flinders) was spacious and funky but wasn't amazing. The service was up and down and didn't feel natural as a boutique hotel should.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a pretty interesting design hotel in a great location !
Checkin process was a bit long, but the staff really wanted to make sure we knew that there was a complimentary mini bar by showing it in person. Loved the complimentary welcome drink on arrival, nice touch !
It's walking distance to some good bars and restaurants and also has a convenient and well priced overnight parking next door. The hotel has a deal with the parking lot that it will only cost $16 for an overnight stay.
Rooms are a good size, and well proportioned. I stayed in Room 402 and main let down was when i walked in i stared straight into the wall of the next door building. i know this is something unavoidable, but i recon with some smart design of the blinds, they could have something printed on the blinds to distract from the building 2m away.
I'll be back there, but next time i'll look to stay in a different room.
Nice touch with the personalised welcome message on the mirror in the room !

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Adelphi Hotel? Share your experiences!