“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
1 Free Breakfast Daily
Ranked #4 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Gisborne, Victoria, Australia
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I haven't been to the Adelphi since before the renovations, I knew about the pool not he top deck that hangs over the building, but really didn't give the hotel much thought. I often stay in Melbourne CBD and stay in a bigger hotel out of habit, but this time I came across the Adelphi and read they were refurbished and have become a dessert themed hotel. Well that piqued my interest.

From the moment we walked in, we were treated and treated like a guest, as opposed to hotels that treat you as "the person that they need to process" in a queue. My daughter loved the swing seats, and the decor, our room was perfect. A jar full of sweets to welcome us. Free movies, wifi and mini bar.. we really did feel like a house guest, Very welcomed and wanted.

We ordered breakfast for room service and loved it, totally beats the ordinary dishes that you get in hotels.. no cold toast for example.

I was very impressed and can't wait to come back on my next city stay, I can't wait to be treated by name and welcomed each time I come back to the hotel. That's what you get from a small boutique hotel, you're not just another number.

The beds and room were quiet, we stayed in 606 and it was the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel hands down.

My only small take back is, if you were bringing in large luggage there are stairs at the front of the hotel you need to carry them over. But considering the location (we walked to Rod Laver arena, the Regent theatre, China town and the Bourke St Mall), I don't mind lifting my overnighter at all, knowing what awaits me when I walk in.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall I enjoyed my experience at the Adelphi however I was a little disappointed with the service and definitely the breakfast which was extremely average! (breakfast was cold and small and order was incorrect and took three phone calls to rectify so go elsewhere for breakfast) The room (King Flinders) was spacious and funky but wasn't amazing. The service was up and down and didn't feel natural as a boutique hotel should.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a pretty interesting design hotel in a great location !
Checkin process was a bit long, but the staff really wanted to make sure we knew that there was a complimentary mini bar by showing it in person. Loved the complimentary welcome drink on arrival, nice touch !
It's walking distance to some good bars and restaurants and also has a convenient and well priced overnight parking next door. The hotel has a deal with the parking lot that it will only cost $16 for an overnight stay.
Rooms are a good size, and well proportioned. I stayed in Room 402 and main let down was when i walked in i stared straight into the wall of the next door building. i know this is something unavoidable, but i recon with some smart design of the blinds, they could have something printed on the blinds to distract from the building 2m away.
I'll be back there, but next time i'll look to stay in a different room.
Nice touch with the personalised welcome message on the mirror in the room !

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very friendly staff, excellent location, generous sized rooms, complimentary mini bar and contemporary interior design all add up to a very pleasant place to stay when in Melbourne. Restaurant on site is also a bonus.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I last stayed in the Adelphi Hotel in the late 90s so I was keen to see the much hyped renovations.
Overall the stay left me feeling a little underwhelmed.
The staff were friendly and the location in Flinders Lane (upstairs from Ezard) can hardly be bettered, but...
My overall feeling was one of being cramped. The bar is cramped, the lifts and stairwell are tight. The lap pool can be no more than 2.5 metres in diameter.
We booked a plush king room - one of the more premium options - and we found our view of a concrete wall about 4 metres away.
Yes, this is inner city Melbourne, I don't expect a view of the Taj Mahal, but my overall impression was one of disappointment. With regards to the rebranding, I can't quite see what all the fuss is about (other than excellent marketing) and that there is nothing at the hotel that would lead me to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Warrnambool, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had wondered whether the ultra modern experience of the adelphi would be warm and welcoming, well it was, I have never felt more appreciated or well catered for before, the complimentary extras were also a lovely treat too. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2014
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Directly across the street from the Westin where we would normally stay is the Adelphi - a sexy, groovy boutique hotel that has character and more. When we arrived, exhausted from a 30+ hour journey from Canada, the manager greeted us with some bad news - the room we had booked had a problem with leaking AC so would it be okay to be in a smaller room for the night and they would move us when the problem was corrected? Of course it was okay - and we ended up staying in the smaller room because it was fantastic.
I loved the bathroom - stainless steel and glass - and the toiletries were fantastic too. The candy jar was replenished each day, as was the mini bar. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful - and the location on Flinders Lane can't be beat. We were close to great restaurants and all the attractions of Melbourne. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Adelphi Hotel? Share your experiences!