Terrific location -- convenient to shopping, free bus and circle trolley. Concierge staff was very helpful and informative. Provided comprehensive suggestions, recommendations and even maps for touring both around Melbourne and beyond. I felt like we were talking to a travel agent! He even told us how to get tickets to the Australian Open!
Hotel itself was nothing special. We stayed only one night using Marriott points. The front desk staff was rather snobby and aloof. Our room was on the same floor as the pool and the entire floor smelled like chlorine! The room itself was fine with a cute little balcony.
- Fitness center was terrible. 1 of the three machines did not work. The TV was stuck on some sports channel with no ability to change (tho I was the only one there).
- Parking was OUTRAGEOUS -- $35 for one night, Around the corner, parking was $10.
- Internet was NOT free, but we found that is common in Australia.
- A local phone call cost $1.25? $1.50? Whatever -- but charging for local calls?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the luxury Melbourne Marriott Hotel features exceptional facilities and service that is unparalleled amongst other Melbourne luxury hotels. Boutique in size, yet grand in style, the Marriott offers the perfect welcome. Featuring spacious rooms, starting from 36 square meters in size, our luxury Melbourne hotel's accommodations are at the center of the city's theater precinct and just minutes from the shopping delights of Bourke and Collins streets, as well as the cultural and culinary extravaganza of Chinatown, Melbourne Museum and Royal Exhibition Building. For sports enthusiasts, our hotel is a short walk from MCG and Rod Laver Arena and only a seven-minute tram ride to Etihad Stadium. And for business travelers, we offer stylish, state-of-the-art event space for up to 250 guests, as well as on-site event managers, exceptional catering and a full-service business center. Discover a leader among luxury Melbourne hotels at Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Marriott, Agoda, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melbourne Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Melbourne
- Melbourne Marriott